Clinical Therapist- CTC
Chesapeake Treatment Center | Parkville, MD | Full Time
Chesapeake Treatment Center, a 29-bed residential treatment center for adolescent and young adult males located in Parkville, MD (near Towson) has an immediate opening for a full time residential Clinical Therapist. The primary goal of the program is to support each youth with changing unhealthy thinking and poor decision making to more adaptive and pro-social behaviors.
Chesapeake Treatment Center Inc., provides a comprehensive continuum of treatment for adolescents and young adults that experience complex mental health, sexualized behaviors, trauma, substance abuse, gang and other related issues. Clinical programs include assessment, residential care, mental health, prevention, special education and psycho-educational services. This Clinical Therapist position will understand criminal conduct in adolescents and be able to treat youth from a perspective of lowering criminogenic risks and increasing protective factors the youth presents with and addressing the relationship between mental health issues and criminal conduct. The Clinical Therapist will utilize a strength based perspective, cognitive behavioral theory and trauma informed care. Our programs are accredited by the Joint Commission (JCAHO).
The overall responsibilities of the Clinical Therapist are to provide individual, group and family therapy for a caseload of patients, to include case management, treatment plan development, discharge plans and aftercare plans in collaboration with the multi-disciplinary team.
- Collaborates with Department of Juvenile Justice
- Collaboration with unit staff
- Completes patient mental health assessments as assigned
- Completes patient psycho-social histories
- Provides crisis intervention
- Demonstrate an understanding and sensitivity to serving a culturally diverse and/or special needs population
- Performs individual, family and group counseling
- MD Board Certified Licensed Therapist: LMPC, LGSW, LCSW-C or LCPC
- Master’s Degree
- Ability to work two days out of a month on the weekends.
- Bilingual preferred
- Experience working with emotionally disturbed adolescents/young adults preferred