Senior Research Associate (Vivarium)
Vivarium | San Carlos, CA | Full Time
ChemoCentryx is searching for a Senior Research Associate (Vivarium) that will report to the Director of the Vivarium and work out of our Mountain View offices and then starting in April out of our brand new state-of-the-art corporate center in San Carlos, CA.
The Senior Research Associate will be responsible for monitoring and conducting various pre-clinical pharmacology models and pharmacokinetic studies in mice and rats in accordance with all guidelines and regulations Laboratory Animal Care.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Performing and recording daily clinical observations for multiple animal models.
- Recognizes and reports clinical signs of disease and/or abnormalities in mice and rats.
- Update and maintain study logs accurately and in a timely manner.
- Maintains cage cards and other records.
- Conduct pharmacokinetic and toxicology studies in support of efficacy studies.
- Technical proficiency administering test compounds by various routes (SC, PO, IP, and IV).
- Facilitating reproduction of animals in the colony.
- Performing routine procedures such as weighing, blood collection (non-terminal) and monitoring of efficacy models (i.e. tumor measurements).
- Prepare special diets and water in accordance with the study protocol and administer these to the appropriate animals.
- Performing necropsies and collecting samples such as blood and various tissues.
- Perform pre-surgery treatment of animals including surgical preparation of surgical site, closing incisions and administration of pre and post-surgery medication.
- Availability to support weekend, holiday, emergency, and after-hour operational responsibilities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with computers and standard application software.
- Self-motivated and highly organized.
- Able to work independently as well effectively and harmoniously as part of a team in a fast-paced research environment.
- Ability to interact professionally with all employees and outside personnel.
- High school or GED.
- Practical knowledge of IACUC policies desired.
- Bachelor’s degree in science.
- 3+ years of experience conducting and dosing of mice and rats studies.
- AALAS Certified Assistant Laboratory Animal Technician or higher is highly recommended.
Job ID: 0123