Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition
Human Resources | Mountain View, CA | Full Time
ChemoCentryx is a biopharmaceutical company focused on discovering, developing, and commercializing novel therapeutics to treat autoimmune diseases, inflammatory disorders, and cancer, primarily focused on orphan and rare diseases. ChemoCentryx balances a passion for science with the deep-seated belief that patients suffering from serious diseases deserve more than incremental improvements to the length and quality of their lives.
As a clinical-stage company with a broad portfolio in multiple therapeutic areas, ChemoCentryx pushes beyond “good enough” and strives for a totally new way of healing.
The Senior Manager, Talent Acquisition will manage the talent acquisition strategy including leading a team of recruiters to attract top talent across all functional areas as part of our journey towards ChemoCentryx’s first product launch. This is a high impact role requiring exceptional partnering skills with demonstrated ability, creativity, and experience in managing and executing a recruiting strategy for a fast growing, purpose driven company with a culture centered in community. The individual needs to be strategic in understanding a lean approach to HR processes while also being tactical in operating as a content expert. This position will contribute to a team of high-performing HR professionals dedicated to providing best-in-class candidate and employee experience.
Who You Are:
- You will be comfortable carrying requisitions of senior hires within the business while leading the team.
- You will have built highly successful teams bringing influential staff onboard. In doing so, you will have demonstrated assertiveness, understanding, fortitude, and the ability to be both operational and strategic.
- You will have built strong, respectful business relationships. You will have helped elevate and maintain your world class employment brand.
- You will have led an organization that has delivered exceptional outcomes for your business partners and candidates, will have elevated recruiting capacity for your team, and streamlined processes to help people work more effectively.
- You will foster a culture of collaboration, inclusion and openness to innovation. You will enable an environment where your team will learn and grow and perform the best work of their careers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with stakeholders at all levels of the organization to develop and deliver effective recruiting strategies and processes that align with business objectives, drive superior results and strengthen ChemoCentryx’s talent base.
- Lead the creation of a comprehensive recruitment strategy for all functional areas that delivers a diverse and inclusive workforce.
- Manage a team of recruiters and vendor partners in delivering the hiring objectives for the business
- Create an effective employer branding strategy and employee value proposition that is aligned with our vision and core values to attract and hire exceptional and diverse talent
- Evaluate current hiring process and introduce best-practices to streamline and enhance the overall candidate experience
- Develop strategy for sourcing ‘passive’ candidates by utilizing all available tools, including company website, social media, job boards, employee referrals, and recruiting tools.
- Create a metrics focused organization that drives accountability and keeps the team focused on creating a world-class candidate and hiring manager experience. Utilize data to garner insights and understand business needs and adjust plans as needed.
- Understand how to assess talent supply internally and externally, define critical gaps, and develop recruiting strategies to close those gaps.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining talent market expertise including comprehensive view of industry trends and competitors; provide expertise in market insights, talent landscape, and an understanding of talent needs.
- Identify and negotiate contracts with external recruiting agencies, executive search firms, technology providers and vendors
- Conducts training workshops with new managers to teach best recruiting practices and processes for highest quality selection decisions.
- Bachelor’s degree with 10 years of recruiting experience in Biopharma, Pharmaceutical, or Life Science industry OR, Master’s degree with 8 years of recruiting experience in Biopharma, Pharmaceutical, or Life Science industry.
- 2+ years of experience in leadership and people management.
- Experience in driving recruiting strategies to meet high volume demand in a rapid growth environment.
- Strong leadership and facilitation – effective at leading and inspiring teams. Listens actively and responds constructively to the needs and views of others
- Ability to manage service delivery through an RPO/ vendor partners and deliver on hiring objectives for the business
- Exceptional and effective partnership across broad audiences of internal and external partners, stakeholders, and customers.
- Ability to quickly establish credibility with diverse audiences and deliver results
- Experience analyzing and articulating data and ability to develop metrics of accountability.
- Solid business and financial acumen, systems thinking, and critical problem solving at scale.
- Strong account management, interpersonal, organizational, written, negotiation, and presentation skills.
- Able to exercise judgement and independently resolve and take appropriate action where precedent may not exist.
- Excellent knowledge of LinkedIn, strategies on passive candidate sourcing, and recruiting software/applications (ATS).
- Direct recruiting experience within Biopharma industry within Commercial teams is highly desired
- Recruiting Certifications (AIRS, LinkedIn Recruiter, SHRM)