Senior Manager, Market Research
Sales/Marketing | Mountain View, CA | Full Time
ChemoCentryx is a biopharmaceutical company focused on discovering, developing and commercializing novel therapeutics to treat autoimmune diseases, inflammatory disorders and cancer, primarily focused on orphan and rare diseases. ChemoCentryx balances a passion for science with the deep-seated belief that patients suffering from serious diseases deserve more than incremental improvements to the length and quality of their lives.
As a clinical-stage company with a broad portfolio in multiple therapeutic areas, ChemoCentryx pushes beyond “good enough” and strives for a totally new way of healing.
ChemoCentryx is building its commercial team and is looking for candidates who share our passion for science and to positively impact patients’ lives.
Join our team during this exciting time of growth and opportunities
ChemoCentryx is seeking an experienced market researcher to support the launch of the company’s first product. The Senior Manager of market research will be responsible for leading the development of our overall marketing research program for Avacopan.. This role will be responsible for integrating both primary and secondary market research as a means for optimizing customer targeting, messaging, and other investments across the commercial organization. This individual will collaborate with team members from Marketing, Market Access, Medical Affairs, Commercial Analytics and Sales. As a Senior Manager, manager you are collaborative by nature, have a strong attention to detail and solid organizational skills. In this role, you will have the exciting responsibility of being a trusted partner. The ideal candidate has passion for research, is a team player, enjoys new challenges and can easily adapt to new situations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead and execute custom, primary market research studies from inception to conclusion
- Work closely with the brand team and vendors to select appropriate research methodologies, design research, conduct insightful analysis, and deliver strategic insights
- Act as a thought partner to the brand team and to members of the broader organization
- Put in place plans that will provide ongoing insight to make the right decisions on the brand and the broader marketplace
- Translation of business questions into concise, focused market research objectives and studies that align with clear and specific deliverables.
- Evaluation, selection, and management of vendor partners to execute and deliver on study objectives, ensuring compliance with all state, federal, and regulatory policies.
- Manages the research and analysis of ChemoCentryx markets, competition (competitive intelligence), and launch brand Avacopan
- Work with the team to develop and execute research projects from start to finish, help frame objectives, develop research design and sampling plans, create research instruments (surveys, discussion guides and screeners) analyze results and create final deliverables leading to informed decision making
- Establish ongoing brand and message tracking projects to provide insight leading to decision making
- Make research happen: find operational efficiencies and drive them forward. Collaborate with the team so that projects are done well, on time, on budget and on strategy.
- Establish goals, project specifications and budgets and manage external vendors to meet expectations
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree with an MBA or post-graduate degree will be considered a plus
- Expertise in relevant software packages
- You have at least 2-3 years’ experience in the market research and communications or the brand strategy-tracking field or relevant experience.
- Strong experience with quantitative research, including survey design, sampling plans and analysis, and brand trackers (ATU)
- Strong experience conducting studies among Patients, Healthcare Providers, and Payers in a healthcare/ pharma/ biotech setting
- Solid communications skills; you know how to translate complex data into easy to understand, actionable insights
- An understanding of advanced analytics including data visualization tools, a an understanding of the benefits and shortcomings of a variety of market research tools and techniques
- Proficiency in developing clear narrative and storytelling in presentation, visually and in writing
- Proficiency in standard business software packages
- Act as a thought partner who is able to suggest alternate approaches and provide strategic insights that will benefit the brand
- Demonstrates a strong command of a variety of analytical and market research techniques.
- Grasps key issues quickly, understands the "big picture", and links market research insights to larger business issues relevant to the brands needs
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills and is effective in a variety of presentation settings
- Works well within a dynamic environment with ability to quickly make an impact
- Travel requirement: Up to 15% including overnight stays