Senior Manager, Commercial Analytics
Sales/Marketing | Mountain View, CA | Full Time
ChemoCentryx is a biopharmaceutical company focused on discovering, developing and commercializing novel therapeutics to treat autoimmune diseases, inflammatory disorders, and cancer, primarily focused on orphan and rare diseases. ChemoCentryx balances a passion for science with the deep-seated belief that patients suffering from serious diseases deserve more than incremental improvements to the length and quality of their lives. As a clinical-stage company with a broad portfolio in multiple therapeutic areas, ChemoCentryx pushes beyond “good enough” and strives for a totally new way of healing.
The Senior Manager of Commercial Analytics will play a critical role in developing robust analytics and insights to support decision making in the Commercial organization. This role will work closely with Marketing, Sales, Market Access and the broader organization to drive insight generation, forecasting, performance reporting, customer segmentation and targeting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Partner closely with cross-functional team on forecasting inputs
- Manage the forecasting model, validate data sources, oversee process for updates, ensure data accuracy and reporting
- Develop forecast visualization, projections, scenarios and assumptions
- Work closely with Commercial team to develop key metrics to measure and monitor brand performance through dashboards/reports
- Perform advanced analytics and modeling to identify patterns within the data, uncover insights or brand opportunities and articulate actionable recommendations
- Collaborate with cross-functional team to ensure data quality and integrity of various secondary sources
- Drive analytics for brand planning, Commercial projects and executive presentations
- Develop customer segmentation, targeting and sales optimization strategies
- Perform ad hoc analyses as needed to support business objectives
- Guide the identification of data gaps and best practice of data use/analytics
- Bachelor’s degree required. MBA a plus.
- Five or more years of business experience in the pharma/biotech industry with substantial experience in business analysis and modeling
- Excellent problem-solving skills, details oriented with focus on quality and accuracy
- Demonstrated ability to structure and conduct analyses, both routine and ad hoc to generate insight and recommendations
- Demonstrated ability to influence without direct authority and to develop and maintain strong cross-functional partnerships
- Proven track record of working effectively in a collaborative, fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- Experience in managing large, unstructured datasets, APLD claims, specialty pharmacy/hub data preferred
- Knowledge of pharma industry databases
- Fluency in Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and data visualization tool (PowerBI, Tableau, Qlik) required. Experience with statistical tools (SAS, SPSS, R) a plus