Senior Director, Business Solutions
Information Technology | San Carlos, CA | Full Time
ChemoCentryx is searching for a Senior Director – Business Solutions that will report to the Chief Business Officer and work out of our corporate center in San Carlos, CA.
The Senior Director will lead the maintenance and stewardship of the organization’s business systems and solutions while developing operating procedures and risk management strategies by partnering with business teams to identify current data challenges and opportunities for synergies. They will work with team and business leaders to gather and translate business requirements into data and information requirements for custom development and business intelligence efforts while lead the design of data solutions and providing recommendations for technology and applications that best fit the business needs of data management, reporting and visualization tools. This includes the design and prioritization to provide workable solutions using integration technologies, data, and analytics to solve complex business problems.
Additionally, the Senior Director will drive strategic team decision-making and delivery of team goals and objectives while facilitating process improvement initiatives on behalf of the organization’s business leaders. This includes the optimization of organizational efficiency, quality, and performance though collaboration with cross-functional teams to deliver on commitments to the organization
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directs the planning and coordination of enterprise-wide business solutions and executes projects in accordance with the directives and programs defined by the organization’s business leaders. Collaborate with business leads to identify and implement appropriate application support models to ensure business support of applications
- Conducts and prepares feasibility studies for new solutions, applications, or revisions to existing systems.
- Prepares system development cost estimates, budgets, and schedules. Prepares and presents project proposals to management and user departments.
- Where appropriate, manage application support where the IT organization is accountable
- Responsible for all aspects of client-facing data analytics strategy
- Partners with clinical and other functional leaders to drive cost of care management across the business by identifying opportunities, designing action plans, developing/tracking key performance indictors (KPIs) and ensuring overall client satisfaction
- Extracts clinical and financial data from multiple sources and creates integrated analytical data sets
- Develops and maintains subject matter expertise regarding pharmacy costs, utilization norms and healthcare industry trends
- Assures the ongoing high-performance level of the overall department through continued knowledge acquisition and knowledge sharing with co-workers
- Conduct regular monitoring of client medication utilization and proactively identify key performance trends affecting client performance or ChemoCentryx’s profitability
- Create customized and ad hoc reporting for clients and senior management
- Conduct financial analysis for formulary changes and provide clinical alternatives to help clients choose cost-effective alternatives for similar symptom management
- Provides long-term and continual thought leadership with the creation and visualization of client-facing deliverables
- In collaboration with clinical management an
- Support and closely collaborate with internal teams: account management, pricing, sales, implementation and digital
- Facilitate alignment with key stakeholders and ensure communication across business functions to meet the needs of all business functions
- Implement appropriate security and risk management practices in accordance with the organization’s desired security posture
- Provide internal project stewardship support to core and sub teams, as necessary
- Assume additional responsibilities and leadership roles that are commensurate with experience and expertise
- B.S. In Information Systems or related field
- 8+ years IT experience, preferably in Business Solutions
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to effectively interact with all levels of the company, including internal partners, external providers, and functional areas
- Broad knowledge of the drug development process, commercially viable business systems, and regulatory requirements necessary to operate the business
- Negotiating and maintaining the provider ecosystem to ensure that the organization’s desired security and risk management postures are maintained for both internal and externally-hosted applications
- Strong ability to analyze unstructured data, succinctly summarize and articulate meaningful conclusions
- Proven ability to present affirmatively based on data analysis
- Strong ability to translate data into stories through the effective use of PowerPoint
- Experience with clinical terminology, clinical guidelines, clinical outcomes and healthcare utilization measures
- Familiarity with medication and billing codes such as ICD-9, ICD-10, NDC, GCN, GPI, AWP, MAC, etc.
- Strong strategic planning and analysis skills in hospice education and business
- Experience with data visualization systems
- Experience interacting directly with client facing teams (i.e., account management, sales, implementation)
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across an organization in designing and implementing solutions that yield incremental value-added solutions
- Demonstrated ability to succeed in a dynamic environment and produce deliverables in tight timeframes
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or other PM certification or equivalent a plus
ChemoCentryx is a biopharmaceutical company focused on discovering, developing, and commercializing novel therapeutics to treat autoimmune diseases, inflammatory disorders and cancer, primarily focused on orphan and rare diseases. ChemoCentryx balances a passion for science with the deep-seated belief that patients suffering from serious diseases deserve more than incremental improvements to the length and quality of their lives.
At ChemoCentryx, our salary and benefits packages are among the most competitive in the industry. All our employees share the rewards of their work through a generous stock option program. We also offer 401K and Flexible Spending Accounts. ChemoCentryx employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision coverage as well as life insurance, and short and long-term disability insurance.