Senior Analyst - Total Rewards
Human Resources | San Carlos, CA | Full Time
ChemoCentryx is searching for a Senior Analyst, Total Rewards that will be an important contributor to our HR team and its approach to Total Rewards and HR Operations. You will report to the Sr. Director of Total Rewards and HR Operations and will work in our brand new state-of-the-art corporate center in San Carlos, CA.
The Sr. Analyst will assist in the design and management of the ChemoCentryx Compensation Plans to include base salary ranges, bonus programs, sales compensation, and equity programs. In addition, this position will be responsible for the daily operation and coordination of the health and welfare benefits plans, activities and services. These plans include: Medical, Dental, Flexible Spending Accounts, Leave of Absences, Disability, Life Insurance, 401(k), and various ancillary plans.
The Senior Analyst, Total Rewards will:
- Analyze market data, salary ranges and job leveling compensation benchmarking, market survey submissions.
- Proactively consults and analyzes total compensation issues that occur on non-recurring bases. Refine and test compensation plans.
- Assist in the preparation of materials for the Compensation Committee of the Board of Directors.
- Research and analyze competitiveness of total rewards programs.
- Make recommendations for changes and implementation.
- Models complex compensation plans, with what if scenarios, interpretation of compensation plans, assessing and reporting on plan effectiveness.
- Evaluate and report on the administration and policy compliance of compensation plans
- Be an escalation resource for policy and plan interpretations and employee compensation issues
- Advise and educate on new compensation programs, regulatory changes, and policies & procedures
- Development health and welfare benefit strategy consistent with company strategy, competitive benchmark data and legal compliance.
- Develop appropriate communication strategy and communication materials to support benefit initiatives.
- Review all benefit plan contracts and booklets, including the completion of all plan amendments for benefit coverage changes
- Advise and educates other members of the department on various topics including new benefit programs, regulatory changes and policies and procedures.
- Conduct regular audits to ensure that all benefit plans are in compliance with ERISA, HIPAA and state and federal regulations.
- Bachelor's Degree with 3+ years of experience in the design and administration of compensation programs and 2+ years of experience with health and welfare benefits
- Proficient MS Excel user, with a firm understanding of pivot tables and "if" formulas
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Knowledge of government regulations as they apply to compensation base and incentive compensation programs, company policies and operations.
- Experience with financial modeling.
- Mathematical aptitude, analysis skills and ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Strong interpersonal skills in dealing with top management.
- Demonstrated success in a dynamic, frequently changing and geographically diverse environment.
ChemoCentryx is a biopharmaceutical company focused on discovering, developing and commercializing novel therapeutics to treat autoimmune diseases, inflammatory disorders and cancer, primarily focused on orphan and rare diseases. ChemoCentryx balances a passion for science with the deep-seated belief that patients suffering from serious diseases deserve more than incremental improvements to the length and quality of their lives.