Senior Analyst, Total Rewards
Human Resources | Mountain View, CA | Full Time
ChemoCentryx is a biopharmaceutical company focused on discovering, developing and commercializing novel therapeutics to treat autoimmune diseases, inflammatory disorders and cancer, primarily focused on orphan and rare diseases. ChemoCentryx balances a passion for science with the deep-seated belief that patients suffering from serious diseases deserve more than incremental improvements to the length and quality of their lives.
As a clinical-stage company with a broad portfolio in multiple therapeutic areas, ChemoCentryx pushes beyond “good enough” and strives for a totally new way of healing.
The Senior Analyst, Total Rewards is responsible for many important aspects of ChemoCentryx’s Human Resources (HR) function and approach to Total Rewards and HR Operations. This encompasses responsibilities across benefits, compensation and HR systems. This role contributes to the continued implementation of the HR infrastructure to scale our HR strategy and solutions to expand with our organization. This is an exciting opportunity for someone that is very analytical (be able to explain the 'why'), detail orientated (ensuring data, systems and reports are accurate) and can work cross-functionally to support our Total Rewards and HR Operations.
The Senior Total Rewards Analyst will assist in the design, analysis, monitoring and management of all domestic compensation plans. They will also communicate performance of the plans, and make recommendations or improvements to the plans based on these results. This position will be responsible for strategic and tactical work on all systems-related projects, including systems and new program implementations, organization adoption, and HR processes and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor and analyze the administration and policy compliance of all compensation plans. This involves evaluating and reporting on the performance of the compensation plans for compliance with established policies and financial objectives
- Serve as the main point of contact and internal partner for compensation benchmarking process, market survey submissions and resulting data analysis as well as review and analyze global market data, salary ranges and job leveling
- Assist in the development of plan design and benefit strategy consistent with Company strategy, competitive benchmark data and legal compliance
- Serve as an escalation resource for employees and People Operations team on all employee benefit issues, including plan and policy interpretation, answering employee questions, and ensuring accuracy of records
- Manage monthly benefit invoicing and auditing to ensure reconciliation with payroll billing. Follows up on billing issues and employee deduction discrepancies
- Maintain our People Operations data and serve as a subject matter expert on various HR systems including BambooHR (HRMS), Greenhouse (ATS), and Paychex (Payroll, FSA, 401k)
- Perform HRMS administration tasks, including user setup/access, workflows, task builds and updates, data maintenance and configuration updates
- Ensure data integrity and serve as a primary contact for resolving any system issues
- Advise and educate other members of the department on various topics including: new benefit programs, regulatory changes and policies and procedures
- Primary responsibility for the Sarbanes Oxley compliance
- Make recommendations for changes and implementation to our commercial and corporate compensation plans
- Model complex compensation plans, what if scenarios, interpretation of compensation plans, assessing and reporting on plan effectiveness
- Ensure systems meet compensation needs and are updated to reflect changes to jobs, salary structures, bonus and sales compensation programs
- Become a subject matter expert in various HR processes, using this knowledge and data to introduce process efficiencies and improvements, analyze data to identify trends and make informed decisions to drive continuous improvement
- Assist in the preparation of materials for the Compensation Committee of the Board of Directors
- Bachelor's Degree with five (5) years progressively responsible experience in compensation, including the design and administration of compensation programs.
- 2+ years' of experience with HRIS systems experience including reporting and analytics in addition to general SaaS HR programs. Prior experience with BambooHR, Greenhouse, and Paychex preferred.
- Experience implementing various HRIS/ATS systems or tools from discovery to implementation
- Program/project management or Business Analyst role experience a plus
- Proficient at using compensation benchmarking tools (e.g., Radford, Payfactors)
- Familiar with HR process in Human Resources functions including end-to-end processes for recruiting, onboarding, compensation, benefits, and training
- Directly or through others, provided production support for implemented applications, including but not limited to identify, report, test and resolve bugs and other issues as needed
- Experience in supporting system enhancements as needed, including but not limited to - - identifying business process flows/maps, business requirements definition, technical solution identification, functional and user acceptance testing and project management.
- Analytically driven with strong execution skills to drive solutions to completion; excellent attention to detail
- Strong technical aptitude, analytical and problem solving skills
- Understanding of the interdependencies between various systems and downstream impact
- Manage multiple priorities in a dynamic and demanding environment
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Learn quickly and work within tight deadlines
- A self-starter who takes personal initiative and willingly assumes responsibility and ownership
- Must be flexible, able to work in a global, fast-paced, dynamic environment and operate with limited direction
- A positive attitude and the desire to learn new products and skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills