Biology | San Carlos, CA | Full Time
ChemoCentryx is searching for a Biological Scientist that will report to the Associate Director of Research and work out of our brand new state-of-the-art corporate center in San Carlos, CA.
This Scientist will be responsible for leading efforts in Immuno-oncology and immunological disease research in our biology team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Take initiative to develop and implement critical biochemical and cellular assays to probe target biology and understand mechanism of actions of potential therapeutics. Generate reliable and reproducible data in a timely manner.
- Plan and conduct proof of concept studies aiming to move research programs toward late-stage research and clinical development. Design and execute experiments in animal models of cancer, auto-immune disorders. Independently analyze and interpret data. Trouble-shoot and carry out follow-up or confirmatory studies.
- Provide expertise in immunology, cancer biology and/or cell signaling to the group. Contribute to new ideas, publications, and patent filings.
- Work collaboratively in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment with project teams composed of Biology, Medicinal Chemistry, Pharmacology and Toxicology teams.
- Proficiently articulate research results for internal and external presentations/publications.
- Masters or PhD degree in Immunology, Cancer Biology, or related field.
- 2+ years' post graduate research.
- Proficient in cellular and molecular biology assays, flow cytometry and tissue culture. Abundant experience running animal studies.
- Demonstrated scientific productivity as evidenced by a strong record of high-impact publications, patent applications, and/or pipeline accomplishments.
- Excellent verbal, written, visual and oral communication skills, capable of communicating well with cross functional groups.
- Proficiency with data analysis programs (Excel, GraphPad Prism, etc.) and application of statistics.
- Industrial research experience in immunology, immune-oncology or cancer biology.
ChemoCentryx is a biopharmaceutical company focused on discovering, developing, and commercializing novel therapeutics to treat autoimmune diseases, inflammatory disorders and cancer, primarily focused on orphan and rare diseases. ChemoCentryx balances a passion for science with the deep-seated belief that patients suffering from serious diseases deserve more than incremental improvements to the length and quality of their lives.
At ChemoCentryx, our salary and benefits packages are among the most competitive in the industry. All our employees share the rewards of their work through a generous stock option program. We also offer 401K and Flexible Spending Accounts. ChemoCentryx employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision coverage as well as life insurance, and short and long-term disability insurance.