Research & Development | Mountain View, CA | Full Time
As a member of the lead discovery and optimization group, your primary responsibility will be to develop high-quality antagonist that advance into preclinical development by providing high-quality biological data using a combination of in vitro biochemical and cell culture assays, including cell migration, radioligand binding and cytoplasmic calcium flux assays. Speed, quality and communication are essential skills for this position. In addition, handling and tracking novel compounds, growing mammalian cells in sterile tissue culture, handling laboratory robotics, maintaining accurate and complete records in a laboratory notebook, and being responsible for entering results into an Oracle database are required.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Performing research and development experiments for projects and products in collaboration with others.
- With guidance, design and execute complex analytical and characterization work.
- Make detailed observations, maintain laboratory notebooks, and help analyze data, and interpret results.
- May help prepare technical reports and SOP’s covering procedures.
- BS in biological sciences required.
- MS and/or 2 to 5 years experience in pharmacology or drug optimization.