Regional Sales Manager - Midwest
Sales/Marketing | Remote - Midwest | Full Time
ChemoCentryx is a biopharmaceutical company focused on discovering, developing and commercializing novel therapeutics to treat autoimmune diseases, inflammatory disorders and cancer, primarily focused on orphan and rare diseases. ChemoCentryx balances a passion for science with the deep-seated belief that patients suffering from serious diseases deserve more than incremental improvements to the length and quality of their lives.
As a clinical-stage company with a broad portfolio in multiple therapeutic areas, ChemoCentryx pushes beyond “good enough” and strives for a totally new way of healing. ChemoCentryx is building its commercial team and is looking for candidates who share our passion for science and to positively impact patients’ lives.
Come join our team during this exciting time of growth and opportunities
The Regional Sales Manager (RSM) is responsible for recruiting, hiring and leading a team of Territory Sales Managers. The RSM will develop strategies and implement tactics in the district that enable ChemoCentryx to achieve or exceed product sales. The Regional Sales Manager will need strong business acumen of the local landscape to assess key stakeholders and to monitor and track future trends within the marketplace.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides inspirational leadership and strategic direction to specialty sales representatives to exceed performance goals
- Oversee all area operations including hiring, people development and performance goals/management, change management, legal & compliance adherence, resource utilization, and administration
- Lead and coach sales team in the field on business acumen, product knowledge, and sales competencies to maximize development and goal attainment
- Execute an engagement plan collaboratively with Marketing, Medical Affairs and Market Access that reflects current and future market/customer trends
- Develop and maintain a strategic regional business plan and oversee individual territory plans for direct reports.
- Demonstrate an entrepreneurial approach to driving the district sales results.
- Regularly analyze and monitor sales data and trends as well as salesforce execution to identify opportunities/gaps and address through regular business plan evolution
- Regularly communicate with sales leadership and internal partners on performance, insights, and trends
- Manages profit and loss, including budget, forecast and allocation of resources for the district
- Develop a sustained relationship with top customers to maintain open lines of information and support, business plan influence and proactively identify and take action on any competitive threats
- Assure team consistently conducts business in accordance with all regulations, company policy and procedures.
- Demonstrate high ethical, compliant and professional standards at all times.
- Develop an energizing and inspiring culture where team members feel highly supported and motivated to assertively compete every day for the business. Show recognition and share best practices with the team and broader organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related medical field
- 10 years of field sales experience in the pharmaceuticals industry and 3+ years of leadership experience preferably in specialty sales, with a demonstrated track record of success building, developing, inspiring and retaining high performance teams.
- Extensive experience in the specialty market as well as experience with specialty pharmacy distributed products is essential.
- Solid knowledge of managed markets
- Experience in overcoming issues and challenges associated with selling specialty products
- Proven track record of working with large complex organizations and decision processes
- Demonstrated capability to successfully plan and execute key corporate initiatives
- Proven analytical skills using a variety of methods to understand market dynamics to maximize existing successes and to create new sales growth opportunities
- Advanced proficiency with MS Office Suite of products including Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Proven ability to make complex decisions when dealing with complexity and ambiguity
- Strong priority setting skills and timely decision making
- Willing to live in the assigned geography of the position
- Must be able to travel throughout the district – travel up to 60%
- Prior experience in hospital products, rare diseases, nephrology or rheumatology diseases strongly preferred.
- Launch experience and rare disease experience strongly preferred.