Patient Access Services Manager
Sales/Marketing | Mountain View, CA | Full Time
ChemoCentryx is a biopharmaceutical company focused on discovering, developing and commercializing novel therapeutics to treat autoimmune diseases, inflammatory disorders and cancer, primarily focused on orphan and rare diseases. ChemoCentryx balances a passion for science with the deep-seated belief that patients suffering from serious diseases deserve more than incremental improvements to the length and quality of their lives.
As a clinical-stage company with a broad portfolio in multiple therapeutic areas, ChemoCentryx pushes beyond “good enough” and strives for a totally new way of healing.
Reporting to the Director of Patient Access Strategy, the Patient Access Services Manager will play a key role in the commercial organization by contributing to the overall execution and effectiveness of ChemoCentryx patient support services, inclusive of reimbursement and financial support program offerings. This person will have the opportunity to take part in building and implementing a new patient services program in preparation for the launch of an exciting, first-in-class product. Post launch, s/he will manage the patient affordability programs and contribute to daily management of the patient services HUB. This person will work closely with the field representatives as the primary contact for inquiries and escalations related to the patient support services function. S/He will also contribute to any future program improvements and enhancements to compliantly help meet the needs of patients. This position will be based in our California office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Contribute as a key member of the patient services program implementation team in preparation for new product launch
- Directly manage patient savings programs and affordability tactics
- Contribute to daily management of patient services HUB partner
- Monitor key operational performance indicators related to patient support offerings and report findings regularly to department leadership
- Serve as primary contact for field teams for program specific inquiries and escalations and coordinate issue resolution with appropriate stakeholders
- Communicate to department leadership key events and access challenges as they arise
- Liaise with internal and external colleagues to ensure data exchanges with vendors are timely and accurate
- Coordinate ongoing business reviews with patient support services partners
- Contribute to future process improvements and optimization of patient support services to compliantly support patients and meet the company’s patient access objectives
- Support internal approval process of patient services materials through Promotional Review Committee
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of 7 years of pharmaceutical/biotech experience with 2 years in a patient services role directly related to access and affordability (HUB services/copay programs).
- Functional understanding of health insurance and benefits (private and public payers), with a deep knowledge of processes related to gaining payer coverage for a newly launched product. Thorough understanding of Medicare is preferred.
- Solid awareness of the prescription flow and processes within a specialty pharmacy, limited distribution network implementing a HUB services model.
- Strong familiarity of HCP Office processes regarding patient flow, prescription generation, and clinic office operations. Similar understanding of the Hospital environment is a plus.
- Proven experience managing external vendors to achieve high quality results.
- Strong commercial awareness of various functions; such as marketing, sales, market access & reimbursement; with an understanding of the roles the functions play related to patient attainment of a biopharmaceutical product.
- Comprehension of the regulatory, legal and compliance environment, especially as it pertains to patient services.
- Experience collaborating with a broad range of cross-functional teams with the ability to influence and gain consensus without direct authority in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Results oriented, self-starter with a proven track record of results and an ability to work independently while sometimes managing competing priorities.
- Possess strong critical thinking, problem solving, and analytical skills with attention to detail.
- Excellent project management skills with demonstrated ability to lead multiple projects.
- Ability to Travel up to 25% for key meetings and customer/partner relationships.
- Experience in new product launches preferred.
- Rare disease experience a plus.