National Account Director - South
Sales/Marketing | Remote - South | Full Time
ChemoCentryx is a biopharmaceutical company focused on discovering, developing and commercializing novel therapeutics to treat autoimmune diseases, inflammatory disorders and cancer, primarily focused on orphan and rare diseases. ChemoCentryx balances a passion for science with the deep-seated belief that patients suffering from serious diseases deserve more than incremental improvements to the length and quality of their lives.
As a clinical-stage company with a broad portfolio in multiple therapeutic areas, ChemoCentryx pushes beyond “good enough” and strives for a totally new way of healing.
The National Account Director (NAD) is a field-based position dedicated to fostering relationships with, educating, and influencing national and regional payers, integrated delivery networks and hospitals to increase physician/patient access for Chemocentryx therapies. This requires an established understanding of MCOs and PBMs across all segments: Commercial, Medicaid, and Medicare. This position will also manage targeted GPO relationships to assure therapy access within the hospital inpatient setting. The position will require close coordination with multiple internal ChemoCentryx departments including Sales, Marketing, Contract Analytics & Distribution, Trade and Distribution, Commercial Operations, and Medical. The National Account Director will report directly to the Sr. Director of Managed Markets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Execute market access objectives by developing strong customer relationships, and by securing appropriate formulary status, favorable medical policy, and reimbursement for ChemoCentryx products with targeted payers and hospitals.
- Adhere to ChemoCentryx contracting strategy, prepare contract business cases where appropriate, conduct ROI assessments and scenario planning, and ensure contract compliance and data management for all contracted accounts.
- Maintain account dashboard with current account profile information, coverage policies, formulary management, customer interactions, and key marketplace intelligence.
- Proactively share relevant information with ChemoCentryx sales force and internal stakeholders.
- Coordinate and manages all pull-through/push-through activities educating sales force
- Support ChemoCentryx mission, vision, core values and customer service philosophy, and adhere to the ChemoCentryx Corporate Compliance Program including following all regulatory and company policy requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree; Masters preferred
- Minimum of nine (9) years of experience in pharma or with payers
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in a leadership position leading cross-function teams or significant roles influencing without authority
- Proven understanding of US Medicare (Part B & D), commercial and government payers including reimbursement methodologies, pricing/reimbursement authorities' decision-making process, and current reimbursement issues
- Self-starter and entrepreneurial drive with proven consistent achievement of market access goals and objectives
- Strategic thinking with both a long-term view of the business and a focus on driving immediate results
- Impeccable ethics and integrity and a strong understanding of and compliance with legal and regulatory parameters
- Executive presence with excellent communication skills
- Customer facing experience with basic marketing and strong sales skills
- Ability to travel greater than 50%
- Rare disease experience a plus
- New product launch and pre-commercialization experience
- Established relationships with national and regional health plans as defined and assigned by the hiring manager