Manager, Medical Affairs Operations
Medical Affairs | Mountain View, CA | Full Time
ChemoCentryx is a biopharmaceutical company focused on discovering, developing and commercializing novel therapeutics to treat autoimmune diseases, inflammatory disorders and cancer, primarily focused on orphan and rare diseases. ChemoCentryx balances a passion for science with the deep-seated belief that patients suffering from serious diseases deserve more than incremental improvements to the length and quality of their lives.
As a clinical-stage company with a broad portfolio in multiple therapeutic areas, ChemoCentryx pushes beyond “good enough” and strives for a totally new way of healing.
The Medical Affairs Operations Manager will provide organizational development, communications and project management expertise for key cross-functional medical affairs initiatives, including general organizational and senior leadership/executive team initiatives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Initiate and implement a cohesive project management operations framework for process efficiency across all functions within Medical Affairs
- Operates as an internal consultant/partner to the Director Medical Affairs and Medical Affairs team
- Evaluates business processes and organizational initiatives to determine the appropriate organizational interventions (i.e. communications strategies) to meet organizational goals
- Track key metrics for measuring progress of each project
- Communicates regularly with internal stakeholders ensuring project plans are on track
- Liaise with Finance Business partners to align monthly reporting and quarterly forecasting
- Manage the routing of new and revised SOPs for review and approval
- Collaborate with training administrators to ensure Medical Affairs role based training are developed, assigned and completed in a timely manner
- Foster effective and compliant working relationships and collaboration with key external stakeholders
- Minimum 4 years project management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business and/or Science, or related field
- Proactive, self-motivated, and aware of larger business needs/implications
- Expert with the Microsoft Office suite of products including Excel and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and interdependently in cross-functional teams
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to clearly communicate business processes and solutions
- Ability to collaborate in a fast-paced and evolving professional environment