Manager, Marketing Operations (Meetings and Conventions)
Sales/Marketing | Mountain View, CA | Full Time
ChemoCentryx is a biopharmaceutical company focused on discovering, developing and commercializing novel therapeutics to treat autoimmune diseases, inflammatory disorders and cancer, primarily focused on orphan and rare diseases. ChemoCentryx balances a passion for science with the deep-seated belief that patients suffering from serious diseases deserve more than incremental improvements to the length and quality of their lives.
As a clinical-stage company with a broad portfolio in multiple therapeutic areas, ChemoCentryx pushes beyond “good enough” and strives for a totally new way of healing.
The Manager, Marketing Operations (Meetings and Conventions) will operate in a fast-paced environment while preparing to launch a first of its kind product in the ANCA associated vasculitis space. This role will be instrumental to the success of the launch as this person will be involved in developing a marketing events plan and process that will lead to a highly functioning organization. The therapeutic areas we work in have a significant number of congresses as well as smaller regional events that must be managed effectively. We will also most likely have patient engagement events that will require a significant amount of foresight and management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads the planning and coordination of commercial meetings including sales meetings (national sales, POA), speaker bureau training meetings and other meetings as required.
- Coordinates and manages the logistics of attending major medical conferences including working with the various professional associations to secure booth space, lodging and other meeting opportunities.
- Collaborates with various cross-functional partners to ensure flawless planning of logistics for those in attendance.
- Develops objectives and strategies for the overall effectiveness and execution of marketing events, such as trade shows or customer events (HCP and Patient)
- Manages and executes projects and marketing plans intended to maximize company exposure and produce company and product awareness
- Plans and manages internal commercial event with the goal of achieving desired goals
- Determines show participation and calendar of events. Works with internal/external resources to obtain needed materials and services. Participates in exhibit design program including production
- Negotiate contracts and manages relationships with outside vendors and suppliers.
- Prepares ROI evaluations of events. Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- In collaboration with the marketing team, the candidate will determine the needs of the organization with regard to managing marketing processes.
- Manage the ongoing activities related to the national speaker bureau vendor.
- Manage vendor relationships to ensure the development of a valuable work product and a solid working relationship.
- Manage the overall marketing calendar to ensure that the team is covering necessary events where representation is needed or where insight can be gained.
- Ensure that congress or other events are fully supplied with marketing / medical collateral as necessary.
- Manage budget and timelines on projects key to the success of the brand.
- Do your part to ensure that all marketing activities comply with corporate policy and regulatory / legal requirements.
- Capabilities with most relevant software packages
- Budget management skills a must
- Negotiations skills are key to this individuals success
- Experience in the pharmaceutical / biotech industry a plus
- A Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business or related field
- Strong interpersonal skills, highly collaborative, with the ability to build effective working relationships in a matrix environment.
- Project management experience with proven ability to handle and lead multiple projects simultaneously
- Management without authority will be a key skill for this role. You will interact with all levels of the internal cross-functional team (medical, regulatory and senior leadership) as well as external companies and individuals
- Solid verbal, written communication and presentation skills; able to communicate in a concise, engaging and convincing manner
- Travel requirement: Up to 50% including overnight stays