Finance Manager – Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A)
Finance | Mountain View, CA | Full Time
ChemoCentryx is searching for a Finance Manager – Financial Planning and Analysis (Mgr FP&A). They will work closely with the Commercial and Medical Affairs Organizations in supporting accounting close activities, reporting, budgeting, forecasting, and strategic long-range planning. The Mgr FP&A will report to the Director of Financial Planning and Analysis and will support the launch of our first marketed product. They will work out of our Mountain View offices and then starting in April out of our brand new state-of-the-art corporate center in San Carlos, CA.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure timely delivery and accuracy of monthly accounting close activities; streamline accrual processes in preparation of journal entries, review of POs, account reconciliation, explanation of monthly variances.
- Assist department heads with the review of contracts, financial and payment terms, and preparation of contract request forms.
- Responsible for proper account coding of POs and invoices for tracking of commercial/medical affairs spend; maintain and prepare vendor invoice trackers.
- Prepare, maintain, and enhance financial models to support forecasting/ annual planning requirements for functions.
- Provide financial and analytical support to functional teams as needed, including reporting of actual vs budget variances, and assess associated risks and opportunities of financial results.
- Develop comprehensive knowledge of business areas and staying abreast of changing business requirements and assumptions to drive proper decision analysis.
- Performs other tasks and assignments as needed and specified by management. This may include special projects/ad hoc financial analyses.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting; MBA a plus.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in FP&A, preferably within a commercial-stage pharmaceutical organization.
- Process improvement mindset for creating business enhancements and solutions in a rapidly growing and evolving organization.
- Analytical thinker with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines.
- Excellent planning and time management skills in a deadline-driven environment.
- Working knowledge of GAAP accounting close practices.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.