Administration | Mountain View, CA | Temporary
ChemoCentryx is a biopharmaceutical company focused on discovering, developing and commercializing novel therapeutics to treat autoimmune diseases, inflammatory disorders and cancer, primarily focused on orphan and rare diseases. ChemoCentryx balances a passion for science with the deep-seated belief that patients suffering from serious diseases deserve more than incremental improvements to the length and quality of their lives.
As a clinical-stage company with a broad portfolio in multiple therapeutic areas, ChemoCentryx pushes beyond “good enough” and strives for a totally new way of healing.
The purpose of this position is to manage multiple functions of building operations and maintenance for a Life Sciences facility. This is a 3-month contract assignment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides formal supervision to individual employees within single functional or operational area.
- Recommends staff recruitment, selection, promotion, advancement, corrective action and termination.
- Plans and monitors appropriate staffing levels and utilization of labor, including overtime. Prepares and delivers performance appraisal for staff.
- Mentors and coaches team members to further develop competencies. Leads by example and models behaviors that are consistent with the company's values.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with clients. Attends client meetings.
- Coordinates, oversees and/or manages repair and maintenance work assignments performed by technicians, vendors and contractors performing building maintenance, and janitorial work. Reviews work orders to ensure that assignments are completed.
- Responsible for facilities inspections and reports.
- Coordinates and manages moves, adds and change activities.
- Obtains and reviews price quotes for the procurement of parts, services, and labor for projects.
- Manages capital projects. Prepares capital project and operating budget and variance reports.
- Manages vendor relationships and trains vendors on work order and billing procedures. Responsible for invoice processing and accuracy of cost center coding.
- Uses PC and/or PDA for work order system, email, ESS and training.
- Provides process and procedure training.
- Conducts financial/business analysis including preparation of reports.
- Coordinates, oversees and/or manages repair and maintenance work assignments performed by technicians, vendors and contractors performing building maintenance, landscaping and janitorial work.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Minimum of four years of related experience and/or training.
- Must have experience in hard services FM operations.
- HAZWOPER Training
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers.
- Ability to effectively present information.
- Ability to respond effectively to sensitive issues.
- Requires advanced knowledge of financial terms and principles.
- Ability to calculate intermediate figures such as percentages, discounts, and commissions. Conducts advanced financial analysis.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex documents. Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations. Requires advanced analytical and quantitative skills.
- Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, and intranet/internet.
- Ability to use work order system.
- Working knowledge of architectural, electrical and mechanical systems.
- Working knowledge of leases, contracts and related documents.
- Vacuum pump maintenance, manage chemical and bio-waste, manage shipping and receiving, perform safety inspections.
- Associates degree or Bachelor’s degree preferred with focus on business, technical or management areas.
- Prior supervisory experience preferred.
- Facility Management certification preferred. Driver's license may be required.
- Highly prefer experience in Life Sciences/ Pharma or FDA/ GMP regulated facilities.