Director of Revenue
Finance | Mountain View, CA | Full Time
ChemoCentryx is a biopharmaceutical company focused on discovering, developing and commercializing novel therapeutics to treat autoimmune diseases, inflammatory disorders and cancer, primarily focused on orphan and rare diseases. ChemoCentryx balances a passion for science with the deep-seated belief that patients suffering from serious diseases deserve more than incremental improvements to the length and quality of their lives.
As a clinical-stage company with a broad portfolio in multiple therapeutic areas, ChemoCentryx pushes beyond “good enough” and strives for a totally new way of healing.
ChemoCentryx, Inc. is seeking an experienced Director of Revenue to lead the company into its next stage toward commercialization, including gross-to-net revenue calculations and SOX compliance. This individual will manage and execute the full revenue cycle ranging from contracts to revenue recognition to reporting metrics. This individual must be able to analyze financial information and prepare monthly revenue reports. This individual will be professional and polished who is looking to grow long term with an exciting company and be a key contributor to our growing team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish order-to-cash and gross-to-net revenue recognition policy for the company’s first commercial product.
- Own and execute month-end revenue close process activities, including preparation of journal entries, reconciliations and analyses and presentation of revenues and other gross-to-net adjustments.
- Collaborate with Marketing and Legal team members for inquiries and issues with respect to revenue-related contracts. Analyze accounting and financial implications of revenue-related contracts.
- Support development of revenue forecasting capabilities as needed, including providing necessary revenue recognition inputs to ensure that the periodic revenue forecast reflects any required GAAP adjustments.
- Coordinate with external auditors during quarterly reviews and annual audit.
- Work actively with external and internal auditors to ensure that company revenue recognition interpretation and internal revenue guidance are consistent and compliant with GAAP and all technical pronouncements.
- Perform and document key revenue internal and disclosure controls.
- Support SEC disclosure requirements with respect to ASC606 revenue-related reporting matters.
- Develop standard revenue reporting package for internal management.
- Work closely with third-party logistics partner, review monthly AR reconciliations and cash application.
- Self-motivated. Ability to work independently. Ability to resolve unexpected issues as they arise.
- Take on additional duties and ad-hoc projects as required
- BA or BS degree in finance/economics/accounting
- 10+ years of experience, preferably a mix of public accounting experience and revenue accounting experience
- In depth knowledge of GAAP and SEC rules and regulations with respect to revenue recognition;
- In depth knowledge of SOX requirements with respect to revenue recognition;
- CPA license
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Comfortable in reviewing contracts or other documents working with cross functional teams
- Excellent organizational, analytical and communication skills, both oral and written, with the ability to prepare and support effective presentations of financial results and/or analytical findings
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions