Director, Market Access Analytics and Contracting
Sales/Marketing | Mountain View, CA | Full Time
ChemoCentryx is a biopharmaceutical company focused on discovering, developing and commercializing novel therapeutics to treat autoimmune diseases, inflammatory disorders and cancer, primarily focused on orphan and rare diseases. ChemoCentryx balances a passion for science with the deep-seated belief that patients suffering from serious diseases deserve more than incremental improvements to the length and quality of their lives.
As a clinical-stage company with a broad portfolio in multiple therapeutic areas, ChemoCentryx pushes beyond “good enough” and strives for a totally new way of healing.
The Director Market Access Analytics & Rebate Contracting is a leader on the Market Access Team reporting to the VP, Head of Market Access. This role will provide valuable strategic insight to ChemoCentryx and is responsible for driving the overall execution and management of contract operations and performance, data analytics and government reporting for Market Access.
The successful individual will need to combine expertise in finance, market access PBM/Payer/Plan business models, reporting, and process management. He/she will lead financial modeling exercises for proposals as well as verification of the reimbursement process with knowledge to identify financial support needs and develop appropriate solutions. This role will oversee and manage the payer rebate submission process working closely with external vendors/contractors and internal stakeholders such as account management teams, Finance, and senior management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and lead all policies, processes and best practices related to Government Pricing and rebate processing in conjunction with internal and external partners
- Primarily responsible for design, continuous improvement and performance monitoring of the contract lifecycle from initial development through continuation/termination. This includes troubleshooting and researching payer specific contract issues
- Must effectively plan, organize and lead projects to deliver required quality business solutions within agreed timescales and budget, ensuring compliance with all ChemoCentryx and Regulatory policies
- Develop reporting, analytical and data sources to ensure strategic planning and alignment with internal stakeholders and partners
- Proactively identifies and quantifies contracts that may be over or under performing and provides input to sales forecasts
- Stays abreast of the changing conditions in commercial markets, government policies, and product portfolio to ensure that contracting activities reflect actual business/organizational needs while meeting the needs of the target audience and maintaining highest quality of service
- Effectively communicate information across functional areas in the commercial organization (sr. management, field teams, marketing, market access). Create dashboards, presentations, and reports as needed to facilitate contract related communication across the enterprise
- Collaborate with Market Access Field teams, Marketing, Training, Legal, Regulatory, Analytics, Sales, and others to ensure optimal execution of patient access and reimbursement strategy
- Clear understanding of the implications of payer and reimbursement policy impact on prescriber and patient behaviors as well as sales force activity.
- Supports ChemoCentryx mission, vision, core values and customer service philosophy, adheres to all regulatory, and company policy requirements.
- Maintains a long-term strategic view of the business while focusing on driving short-term results
- Strong financial acumen and data analysis skills
- Executive presence as evidenced by precise communication and ability to influence without authority
- Ability to earn credibility and trust among field leaders and customers
- Take ownership and accountability for themselves and encourages accountability across the team
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet tight deadlines
- Identifies issues and opportunities by utilizing analytical rigor/curiosity to frame situations, make decisions and incorporate new perspectives and ideas
- Deliver innovative achievements independently without the reliance of agency support.
- Deep understanding of the US Payer market including reimbursement methodologies, pricing/reimbursement authorities' decision-making process, and current reimbursement issues
- Bachelor's degree required; MBA/MPH preferred
- Minimum of seven (7) years in pharma or with payers in varied roles of increasing responsibility
- Small company experience with broad responsibilities preferred
- Self-starter and agile thinker able to adapt in fast changing marketplace