Cost Accounting Manager
Finance | Mountain View, CA | Full Time
ChemoCentryx is a biopharmaceutical company focused on discovering, developing and commercializing novel therapeutics to treat autoimmune diseases, inflammatory disorders and cancer, primarily focused on orphan and rare diseases. ChemoCentryx balances a passion for science with the deep-seated belief that patients suffering from serious diseases deserve more than incremental improvements to the length and quality of their lives.
As a clinical-stage company with a broad portfolio in multiple therapeutic areas, ChemoCentryx pushes beyond “good enough” and strives for a totally new way of healing.
ChemoCentryx, Inc. is seeking a Cost Accounting Manager who will play a key role in the development, implementation and maintenance of inventory accounting and cost of goods sold analysis, while partnering with other key functional areas such as Manufacturing and Supply Chain to implement new processes as the Company prepares for commercialization. Reporting to the Vice President of Finance, the candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day cost accounting operations, the month-end close and related reporting process. The ideal candidate has proven operational experience from companies with commercial product(s) within the pharmaceutical or related industries.
What you’ll do:
- Develop the inventory costing method and related labor and overhead allocation for the company’s first commercial product, ensuring compliance with GAAP.
- Collaborate with Manufacturing and Supply Chain, as well as contract manufacturing organizations, to develop processes to ensure timely and accurate reporting of inventory data.
- Develop processes to evaluate inventory reserves.
- Own and execute month-end close process, including preparation of journal entries, reconciliation and analyses related to cost of goods sold, as well as inventory valuation, balances, adjustments and reserves.
- Develop standard inventory and cost of goods sold package for internal management.
- Support inventory transfer price calculation for inventory sold to our collaboration partner.
- Maintain periodic reports of inventory purchase commitments with major suppliers.
- Develop and perform internal controls related to cost of goods sold and inventory valuation and balances.
- Coordinate with external and internal auditors during quarterly reviews and annual audit.
- Represent Accounting in the implementation of the Supply Chain module of Microsoft Dynamics 365 ERP.
- Take on additional duties and ad-hoc projects as required.
Who you are:
- Flexible, fearless, and excited about your part in our growth
- You like to take on new challenges and don’t wait to be told to get started on something
- Proactive resourcefulness and initiative to ask questions coupled with the ability to self-manage work
- A utility player. You're willing to help wherever needed with a client service mindset
- Great sense of humor
What we look for:
- BA or BS degree in finance/economics/accounting.
- 7+ years in cost accounting, proficient understanding of accounting principles.
- Experience with actual and standard costing methods.
- Experience with biotech or pharmaceutical industries highly preferred.
- Ability to execute month-end close and related reporting process timely and accurately
- Ability to establish priorities, meet deadlines, multi-task, and work independently, and execute objectives with minimal supervision.
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Proficient with Microsoft Dynamics 365 ERP is a plus.