Compliance Business Partner
Legal | Remote | Full Time
ChemoCentryx is searching for a Compliance Business Partner (CPB) that will report to the Vice President, Head of Commercial Law and Compliance. This position will be based in our brand new state-of-the-art corporate center in San Carlos, CA. and will possibly include telecommuting.
This is a fully integrated business partner who embodies our organization’s aptitude for innovation and discovery and believes that together we can do more. As a rapidly commercializing company with our first product application recently accepted by the FDA, we are creating a nimble compliance program with the ability to scale to meet the needs of our growing Commercial and Medical Affairs team. This CPB will serve as the lead compliance partner for our field roles, assist in compliance program design and monitoring, and have significant opportunities to gain new skills or lead others as our company continues to grow.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Develop strong business knowledge and collaborate with field representatives and cross-functional colleagues to incorporate compliance perspectives into program development and core field activities; serve on cross-functional leadership teams as assigned to provide compliance representation.
- Serve as the primary contact for the field team to provide critical guidance and counsel, help solve problems, and innovate ethically.
- Lead monitoring operations, developing, and executing on tailored monitoring plans to reduce risk and identify issues.
- Develop and deliver targeted compliance and commercial law training.
- Work cross-functionally to develop or revise policies, procedures, best practices, and ways of working.
- Manage third party compliance vendors to ensure that core compliance functions are completed to specifications.
- Assist in investigations and resolution of ethics reports and monitoring or audit findings, developing recommended outcomes and remedial actions.
- Flex across boundaries to perform other duties as assigned by Vice President, Head of Commercial Law and Compliance.
- If the Commercial Business Partner has appropriate legal training and bar admission, the role will include Commercial Law responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Ability to travel as required to meet business need.
- Superior interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of best practices in training and presentation.
- Highly ethical, patient-focused mindset, demonstration of business acumen, and ability to innovate to provide executable compliance advice.
- Ability to work collaboratively and influence other leaders as a trusted partner and advisor.
- Prior pharmaceutical, medical device or healthcare experience (in-house or as external consultant or counsel).
- Knowledge of applicable laws (i.e., Anti-Kickback Statute, prescription drug advertising and promotion) and industry codes (i.e., PhRMA Code).
- Extensive pharmaceutical experience or advanced degree preferred (J.D., M.B.A, etc.).
- License to practice law and eligibility for in-house legal practice in California.
- Deep knowledge of pharmaceutical industry regulations, particularly those governing commercialized products, interactions with healthcare providers, and field practices.
- 3-5 years’ experience in the pharmaceutical industry or supporting regulated healthcare industry (medical device, biopharma) clients.
- Desire to take advantage of growth and leadership opportunities, develop new skills and knowledge areas in a rapidly evolving industry, and work across boundaries.