Commercial Training & Development Manager
Sales/Marketing | Mountain View, CA | Full Time
The Commercial Training & Development Manager (T&D) is responsible for supporting the learning and development objectives for the inaugural ChemoCentryx sales force. The T&D Manager will develop and execute training plans and learning curriculum to enhance knowledge, competencies, and engagement for the Commercial teams. The T&D Manager will partner with leaders across ChemoCentryx to drive a culture of best-in-class learning to meet performance, competency, compliance, and business needs.
This position reports to the Director, Training & Development.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Sales, Marketing and Market Access teams to incorporate key business drive and sales directives into learning objectives that will maximize sales force effectiveness.
- Support the development and execution of relevant, effective training objectives, content, resources, and processes to advance product and technical knowledge as well as meet brand and performance needs.
- Manage the onboarding process including content, curriculum, calendars and resources to provide appropriate training and onboarding of new hires.
- Deliver timely updates to learning curriculum and training materials by identifying ongoing training needs and objectives.
- Partner with Sales Leadership to identify needs and opportunities for pull-through, follow-up, and/or coaching opportunities.
- Conduct field-based co-travels to reinforce selling strategies, tools, resources, and evaluate performance effectiveness.
- Support efforts towards coaching and development that include professional development, training resources, and learning opportunities for sales and other internal teams.
- Support the development and facilitation of content for training programs.
- Facilitate presentations to senior management, sales organization and other internal teams.
- Coordinate vendor management to execute training objectives while successfully managing timelines, budgets, and effective working relationships.
- Manage appropriate Promotional Review Committee (PRC) process to meet timing and distribution of projects.
- This is a home-office based position located in Mountain View, CA (corporate office relocating to San Carlos in 2021).
- BA/BS in related field from an accredited (4) year college or university.
- Advanced business and/or life science degree is a plus.
- 5+ years sales experience with a proven track record of successful sales performance in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry.
- 2+ years of experience in a home-office based sales training role.
- Rare disease experience a plus.
- Experience launching new products.
- Demonstrated success in developing and executing effective strategic training plans including multi-phase learning and comprehensive curriculum.
- Ability to effectively develop and deliver impactful training presentations and workshops to engage cross-functional teams, stakeholders and diverse audiences with measurable results.
- Clear track record of managing multiple projects involving cross-functional stakeholders and business objectives.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills to effectively interact with varied department, management, and audience levels (including presentation skills).
- Knowledge of best-in-class learning approaches and techniques using diverse strategies.
- Ability to work effectively as an individual contributor and as part of a team is essential.
- Exhibits initiative to identify learning needs, formulate training plans, and execute appropriate strategies.
- Strong organizational, prioritization, and business planning abilities.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, responsibilities, and timelines.
- Expertise in various computer software programs including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required.
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 30% including overnights for field-based co-travels and attendance at Training programs, Sales Meetings, and ChemoCentryx events.