Business Solutions Manager – Internal Systems
Information Technology | Mountain View, CA | Full Time
ChemoCentryx is a biopharmaceutical company focused on discovering, developing and commercializing novel therapeutics to treat autoimmune diseases, inflammatory disorders and cancer, primarily focused on orphan and rare diseases. ChemoCentryx balances a passion for science with the deep-seated belief that patients suffering from serious diseases deserve more than incremental improvements to the length and quality of their lives.
As a clinical-stage company with a broad portfolio in multiple therapeutic areas, ChemoCentryx pushes beyond “good enough” and strives for a totally new way of healing.
The Business Solutions Manager – Internal systems will have primary responsibility for the creation and development of an adaptive solution architecture and roadmap for finance and HR systems, including launch, process adoption, operational support and enhancements. The Business Solutions Manager will work closely with the key stakeholders and teams to gather requirements, translate them into clear requirement documents, contribute to compelling business cases and proposals, and coordinate implementation of the projects approved and prioritized by leadership to deliver cost-effective solutions. The Business Solutions Manager must be detail oriented, yet able to see the big picture and work with the overall business, both in the day to day and at management levels and to drive a business strategy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop the systems road map of a broad, coordinated set of plans and programs to meet the business goals and priorities
- Analyze scenarios and find opportunities for innovative solutions and improvements, including leveraging stakeholders and department leaders to develop effective business cases that align with business strategy
- Collaborate with the department leaders and users to maintain and improve best practices and optimize processes across departments.
- Develop Centers of Excellence to support enable and enhance day to day business activities
- Partner with business stakeholders to identify business challenges and assess end-to-end business processes improvements through technology solutions
- Manage internal and external suppliers and other resources including SLA's, contracts and deliverables
- Manage Compliance and Internal Audit requirements including annual system tests and Disaster Recovery Plans
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 7 years overall IT experience with a minimum of 5 years of business systems development
- Must have experience with developing and maintain financial ERP systems in publicly traded organization.
- Must have experience developing and maintaining human resource systems
- Experience leading teams and/or large projects focused on delivering measurable business benefits.
- Experiencing implementing and operating solutions, platforms and systems supporting business processes involving manufacturing supply chain, accounting, finance, quality systems, HCM/HRIS, applicant tracking, and other HR systems
- Ability to demonstrate critical thinking, assess situations to effectively prioritize work efforts based on importance, urgency and risks, making clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization
- Ability to understand current/changing business processes, participation in defining and delivering application and platform functionality
- Experience at working collaboratively across platforms, including the design and development of API-based architectures
- Exceptional written and verbal communication, problem solving and cross-group collaboration skills; ability to interact effectively with all levels of management
- Experience with validated systems and CSV/CSA.
- Strong project management skills
- Experience with Dynamics F&O and Concur is a plus.
- PMP Certification preferred