Associate Director, HCP Marketing
Sales/Marketing | Mountain View, CA | Full Time
ChemoCentryx is a biopharmaceutical company focused on discovering, developing and commercializing novel therapeutics to treat autoimmune diseases, inflammatory disorders and cancer, primarily focused on orphan and rare diseases. ChemoCentryx balances a passion for science with the deep-seated belief that patients suffering from serious diseases deserve more than incremental improvements to the length and quality of their lives.
As a clinical-stage company with a broad portfolio in multiple therapeutic areas, ChemoCentryx pushes beyond “good enough” and strives for a totally new way of healing.
This role will be one of the first new hires to a newly formed marketing team supporting the company’s first product launch. The Associate Director (AD) will operate in a fast-paced environment preparing to launch a first of its kind product in the ANCA associated vasculitis space (AAV). The AD will provide significant contributions to the strategic vision for the brand and will lead numerous aspects of tactical development, approval and execution of programs that will create awareness, trial and ultimately usage for the avacopan brand. This position will be primarily focused on the healthcare provider (HCP) segment. As this is the first indication for avacopan, the AD will also be involved in numerous projects related to future indications and the overall brand.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the building of pre-launch and launch tactical plans aimed at raising the level of HCP knowledge about AAV, rapidly building brand awareness and differentiation, and motivating and empowering HCPs to take action to better manage their patients.
- Lead the development of the promotional material portfolio and develop creative materials to support brand initiatives.
- Contribute to the development of strategic understanding of the marketplace to include patient journey, customer segmentation, messaging, objection handling, and product positioning statements.
- Manage and evaluate external agencies, consultants and vendors to ensure the development of marketing programs in support of the strategic objectives.
- Leverage market research, market analogs, and ROI analyses in the decision making process.
- Conduct advisory boards to help ChemoCentryx obtain feedback from advisors in order to optimize the avacopan customer experience.
- Lead the HCP speaker’s bureau to ensure an appropriate level of promotion upon FDA approval and beyond.
- Lead agency partners in the execution of digital tactics to maximize our non-personal promotion activities and budget.
- In partnership with business analytics, build and execute measurement plans to track results over time and measure return on investment, where feasible. Constantly reassess performance and reallocate investment across channels to optimize results.
- Contribute to the development, deployment and support of sales training materials.
- Ensure that all marketing activities comply with corporate policy and regulatory and legal requirements.
- A Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, scientific or related field; advanced degree or MBA preferred.
- 6+ of commercial experience in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology or healthcare industry is required.
- 5+ years of HCP marketing experience is preferred; 2+ of field sales experience is preferred.
- Experience in new launch indications is preferred.
- Demonstrated analytical skills. Ability to understand drivers of performance, ability to synthesize and accurately draw conclusions from data and apply results of market research to inform decision-making.
- Knowledge and understanding of the drug development, regulatory review and commercialization processes for specialized products is required.
- Experience in marketing strategy and tactic design with an ability to communicate ideas.
- Experience in successfully representing the commercial perspective during the regulatory/legal review of launch promotional materials.
- Knowledge of internet marketing, SEO, pay-per click advertising, social media, digital applications and web analytics
- Demonstrated strategic thinking, analysis, technical and decision-making skills.
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities and keep projects on track to meet deadlines.
- Able to work independently, with minimal direction.
- Strong interpersonal skills, highly collaborative, with the ability to build effective working relationships in a matrix environment.
- Experience influencing without direct authority across cross-functional teams, working effectively in complex situations.
- Strong verbal, written communication and presentation skills; able to communicate in a concise, engaging and convincing manner, including to an executive level audience.
- Travel requirement: Up to 25% including overnight stays.