VP Research & Growth
Business Operations | New York, NY | Full Time
Cheddar is a live Post Cable Network focused on covering the most innovative products, technologies, and services transforming our lives. The network covers this news through the lens of the companies and executives driving these changes. Cheddar broadcasts from Post 10 on the floor of the New York Stock Exchange and the Sprint Flatiron Building Store. It is available on Sling TV, Amazon, Pluto, 60% of smart tvs in the U.S., Vimeo and Twitter. The company was founded by Jon Steinberg, President and Chief Operating Officer of BuzzFeed from 2010 to 2014. Its investors include Lightspeed Venture Partners, Comcast Ventures, Ribbit Capital, and Homebrew.
Cheddar is a seeking an individual to lead all of our growth, research, and measurement activities.
- Measurement: Define, synthesize, measure, and track our key metrics across all these platforms on a near real-time basis.
- Growth: Lead and operate our platform growth efforts driving viewership and engagement across Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, our apps and site, Sling, Amazon, and and many other platforms
- Research: Third party audience and ad effectiveness research
Cheddar is a live video media company. Some of our metrics and goals are different than other digital media companies. This is a challenging and exciting roles for an experienced, data-loving person.
- Be hyperfocused on our company’s audience goals and work with others to ensure that we are aligned to deliver predictable, scalable growth of our daily live viewership
- Create meaningful and actionable data-driven insights out of complex and diverse sets of video data
- Define, synthesis, measure, and report on our key metrics
- Grow our fan and subscriber basis across our all of our platforms
- Monitor and tweak performance of our paid marketing campaigns
- Ability to manage but also get your hand dirty in the tools we use on a daily basis (Facebook Pages, Facebook Ads, Adwords, etc.)
- Manage relationships with partners and third party vendors to maximize the performance of existing buys and stay current with new products/features
- Work closely with our Director of User Acquisition, sales, and the entire senior management team to drive and measure user growth and engagement
- Work with senior management and the sales team to develop and execute a competitive audience and ad sales/effectiveness research strategy. Develop research-based best practices and case studies
- Support the sales team with research and analytics by providing key insights and data (i.e. audience data, platform/distribution metrics, marketplace research, program data) that helps strengthen our go-to-market messaging and client partnerships
- Identify new growth opportunities based on proprietary and third-party data
- Identify opportunities to streamline and automate reporting processes
- BA/BS (Finance, Economics, Statistics, or related field preferred)
- 6+ years of work in research and analytics, experience with digital video and associated analytical tools strongly preferred
- Strong analytic and critical thinking skills
- Exemplary Excel skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of the digital media landscape and research specific to the industry
- Track record of growing and measuring media KPIs
- Experience growing fans on Facebook and Youtube subscribers; experience managing Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube video campaigns
- First hand experience with Facebook Ads and Google Adwords, SEO a plus
- Highly organized and detail oriented - passionate about insights and data analysis
- Strong understanding of quantitative and qualitative research methodology
- Knowledge of comScore, Nielsen, and/or Cogent a plus