Finance | Wheeling, IL | Full Time
Champro® Sports is a privately owned sporting goods and apparel manufacturer that has been in business for 30 years and is seeking a Staff Accountant to help with financial accounting. We have received numerous industry awards for our business practices and excellent customer service. Our business philosophy is focused on our customers and we take pride in providing them with the best values in team sports equipment and apparel
Assist Controller in preparation of monthly financial statements with understanding of full cycle accounting practices, including Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable;
Reconcile General Ledger Accounts including prepaid, fixed assets, accruals, other liabilities and equity;
Provide back-up to other accounting staff for daily bank statement reconciliation;
Create templates and perform daily electronic payments in on-line banking;
Calculate commissions monthly for sales representatives;
Calculate and submit royalties on a quarterly basis;
Perform month-end closing entries and run core system reports;
Assist with supplying data for tax returns and annual external review by outside CPA firm, including participating in coordination of R&D statistical summary;
Participate in providing schedules and data for annual bank field exam;
Assist with preparation of year-end tax forms, including 1099-Misc, 1099-R and 1099-Int;
Assist Controller with various projects as needed, which may include the review and implementation of accounting processes and procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree – Accounting, minimum 2 years work experience;
- Intermediate Excel skills with functional use of Pivot Table, formatting, sub-totals, and V-look up;
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX is a plus;
- Ability to manage time in order to accomplish multiple tasks;
- Detail oriented.
This opportunity reports directly to the Controller
- We are proud to offer eligible employees a full-range of benefits including medical, dental, vision and life insurance, as well as short-term and long-term disability coverage, 401k, Profit Sharing, paid time off, holidays, and payment toward gym membership fees.