Machine Operator - 2nd Shift
Apparel | Wheeling, IL | Full Time
Champro® Sports is a privately owned sporting goods and apparel manufacturer that has been in business for 30 years. We have received numerous industry awards for our business practices and excellent customer service. Our business philosophy is focused on our customers and we take pride in providing them with the best values in team sports equipment and apparel.
Machine Operator – 2nd Shift - US Sublimation
What you will do…
Dye sublimation is an exploding field in athletic apparel decoration. This position plays an instrumental role in setup and production of these items.
You will actively rotate among three different parts of the sublimation manufacturing process – the digital printer, the heat press and the computerized cutter. Operate the machines and perform preventive maintenance.
- Digital Printer
- Retrieve finished computerized artwork and place in the printer queue.
- Execute the printing process onto paper.
- Monitor printer operation and materials.
- Receive printed paper from the digital printer and load on the press.
- Select proper fabric for specific order(s) and load on the press.
- Operate the press to transfer the printed design onto the fabric.
- Monitor press operation and materials.
- Retrieve printed fabric from the press.
- Load electronic cut files onto the computer cutter.
- Initialize the machine to match the order.
- Cut fabric into appropriate garment.
- Inspect the printed fabric pieces for flaws.
- Gather the cut pieces into bundles for sewing.
What you need…
· High School diploma / GED
· Basic computer skills
· Strong work ethic with customer and team focus
· Capacity to learn and retain information
· Ability to lift up to 40 lbs
· Strong attention to detail
· Ability to stand 7 plus hours per shift
· Visual acuity to match colors
· Capability to work overtime when needed - possible work on Saturdays
· Take accountability for your projects and tasks
- Basic English skills with a capacity to follow both written and verbal instructions.
What gets bonus points…
· Color management skills
· Experience with wide format digital printers, Ergo Soft software and Adobe Illustrator
- We are proud to offer eligible employees a full-range of benefits including medical, dental, vision and life insurance, as well as short-term and long-term disability coverage, 401k, Profit Sharing, paid time off, holidays, and payment toward gym membership fees.