Electro-Mechanical Lab Technician
Hard Goods/Equipment | Wheeling, IL | Full Time
Champro® is a privately-owned sporting goods and apparel manufacturer that has been in business for 30+ years. We deliver high-value, traditional & innovative athletic equipment and apparel via outstanding, integrity-driven customer service. Our business philosophy is focused on our customers and we take pride in providing them with the best overall values in team sports products.
To ensure success as an Electro-Mechanical Lab Technician, you should exhibit solid knowledge of mechanical performance standards and experience in a similar field of specialization. A top-notch mechanical technician will be someone whose mechanical expertise translates into precise use and optimized management of test equipment.
As a highly-skilled Electro-Mechanical Technician in our Quality Control Department, you will become an expert in product performance and testing. This includes reading and understanding test standards, as well as building an expert understanding of how to operate and maintain test equipment. You will perform testing, update service and repair records, maintain our machinery, and run diagnostic tests on equipment to ensure optimal performance. The successful individual will assess the equipment capacity and workload to organize a consistent and efficient work flow to meet the demands of our clients.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Use test equipment to assess safety and compliance of sports equipment
- Be involved in development of our product line through prototype testing and evaluation
- Develop and implement mechanical maintenance plans to prevent costly equipment breakdowns
- Troubleshoot mechanical and electrical malfunctions and breakdowns, as well as perform repairs
- Document processes and maintain mechanical service records
- Monitor the availability of parts and replenish supplies
- Train co-workers on the safe and efficient use of mechanical equipment
- Lead, organize & maintain a consistent work flow within the quality department
- Perform quality evaluations on our sports equipment product line
You play an integral role as a business partner when:
- You possess an Associate Degree (or higher) in Mechanical Engineering and have a familiarity with electrical systems
- You have 2-years’ experience related to mechanical testing and equipment maintenance in a lab or R&D environment
- You are a self-starter and have the ability to take ownership of the position
- You’re detail-oriented
- You have exceptional analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving abilities
- You possess excellent communication and collaboration skills
- You have great organizational, multi-tasking, and time management abilities
We are proud to offer eligible associates a full-range of benefits including medical, dental, vision and life insurance, as well as short-term and long-term disability, 401K, Profit Sharing, paid time off, holidays, and reimbursement toward gym membership fees. A collaborative atmosphere working together to exceed our customers’ expectations, as well as, an Equal Opportunity Employer bringing together diverse individuals to develop new and innovative solutions.