Accounts Receivable Collections Specialist
Accounts Receivable/Credit | Wheeling, IL | Full Time
Champro® Sports is a privately owned-sporting goods and apparel manufacturer that has been in business for 30 years. We have received numerous industry awards for our business practices and excellent customer service. Our business philosophy is focused on our customers and we take pride in providing them with the best values in team sports equipment and apparel.
The Accounts Receivable Collections Specialist is responsible for direct interaction with customers, and internal staff to research and resolution of any customer issues, e-mailing and mailing of invoices and statements, cash application, and reviewing orders on credit hold.
Accounts receivable duties include ensuring accuracy and efficiency of operations, processing and monitoring incoming payments, and securing revenue by verifying and posting receipts.
- Monitor and release credit holds
- Review and respond to customer and internal inquiries
- Send out statements and invoices via mail and e-mail
- Process credit card charges and refunds
- Process accounts and incoming payments in compliance with financial policies and procedures
- Perform day to day financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, computing, posting and recording accounts receivables’ data
- Prepare bills, invoices and bank deposits
- Reconcile the accounts receivable ledger to ensure that all payments are accounted for and properly posted
- Verify discrepancies by and resolve clients’ billing issues
- Facilitate payment of invoices due by sending bill reminders and contacting clients
- Generate financial statements and reports detailing accounts receivable status
- Cash application of both live checks, ACH and wire payments
- Review credit application and provide analysis to manager to determine customer credit
- Maintain positive customer relationship through answering phone calls and e-mails and working with customers to resolve any issue in a timely and professional manner
- Works past due balances and reconciling issues on customer’s accounts
- Maintains accurate record of collection and reconciliation efforts
- Work with sales and customer service to resolve any issues
- Maintaining a high level of responsiveness and professionalism
- Perform various administrative functions
- Maintain customer file with accurate A/P contact information
- Entering invoices into customer portals, as necessary
- Enter payment journals for adjustments, accordingly
- Provide training and mentoring to other AR staff
- Maintain confidentiality
- 3-5 years’ experience with accounts receivable and collections
- Proven working experience as accounts receivable specialist or equivalent
- Solid understanding of basic accounting principles, fair credit practices and collection regulations
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Preferred Data entry skills along with a knack for numbers
- ERP system experience • Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- ERP system experience • Ability to problem solve on micro base. • Excellent written, oral and presentation skills with a history of effectively conveying messages appropriate to a variety of audiences internally as well as externally.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Experience in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration preferred
- Results oriented
- Good organizational skills
- Excellent People skills (customer service orientated).
- Negotiation skills
- Good communicator
- Independent thinker
- Self- motivated, willing to go beyond the minimum expected
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
Physical Demands (standard based on position type):
- Standing – up to 10% of the time
- Sitting – up to 90% of the time
- Ability to use P/C for 8 hours per work day
- Must effectively interact with various internal and external customers; communication ability and interpersonal skills are critical
- We are proud to offer eligible employees a full-range of benefits including medical, dental, vision and life insurance, as well as short-term and long-term disability coverage, 401k, Profit Sharing, paid time off, holidays, and payment toward gym membership fees.
Salary Range: $18 - $20 per hour commensurate with experience