Social Media Manager
Marketing | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Social Media Manager
We are the folks behind America's two fastest growing design marketplaces, Chairish and DECASO.
Founded in 2013, Chairish is the largest, curated source for chic and unique furniture, art and decor. Design lovers rely on Chairish to supply the products and ideas to transform their homes from blah to bananas.
Our newest brand, DECASO, The Decorative Arts Society, launched in 2017 as the new online home for the world’s top modernism and antique dealers and leading edge contemporary makers and galleries. The mission of DECASO is to create the most trusted online destination for sophisticated designers and tastemakers to source world class furniture, decor and decorative art objects.
Our executive team is comprised of seasoned entrepreneurs who founded successful tech start-ups Hotwire.com and TripIt.com alongside experienced, design savvy executives from Levi Strauss, One Kings Lane and McGuire Furniture.
We’re looking for a Social Media Manager to join our Marketing team in San Francisco.
Everyone wants a rock star, but we’re looking for someone extraordinary. Our Social Media Manager will manage all hands-on aspects of our social media campaigns for our two brands, Chairish and DECASO: Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Houzz and more. This includes developing, executing, tracking and analyzing social media marketing and strategy. Duties include planning and managing the publishing calendar, social objectives, messaging, taking photos, writing posts, and in some aspects, creating the visual images for these posts.
You Must Be:
- Know, love, and breathe all things social media and be well versed in social media best practices. You are attached to your device….all the time.
- A really strong writer with a gift for turning a phrase.
- Great design taste - this is essential. Good taste is hard to come by. You have a strong aesthetic, can understand brand nuances and you have a good sense of what will perform on social.
- Interested in furniture and design (fashion is a plus). You read “those” blogs and know what’s up with trends and happenings.
- Ridiculously organized.
- A dynamic planner. You know how to be strategic, put a plan in place, and make sure it things get done.
- Results-obsessed. You’ve mastered tracking key metrics (and knowing which ones are the most important). You love tracking how your campaigns are doing based on stats that you can turn into big picture stories.
- Outstanding collaborator. We’re a team. You need to be a part of it..
- Insane about Instagram, Pinterest, and excited about photography and video.
- Photoshop trained. It’s not your primary job, but knowing how to white-out images, crop, and color correct is important. Major plus if you have graphic design experience on top of this.
- Video production. Be open, if not already skilled in, learning how to cut a video from stills, graphics, and/or motion video.
- Wicked witty is a major plus.
- Be ready to move quickly. We’re growing rapidly and want someone who can keep up with our pace!
- Understanding that this is a full time gig, and being flexible is necessary, including answering comments on the weekends.
Qualifications & Experience:
- At least 5 years’ experience copywriting.
- At least 3 years’ experience managing social media campaigns.
- Experienced with Google docs, analytics and content management systems. (Photoshop experience gets you noticed!)
- Startup experience preferred.
- A little nutty about technology would help.
- Irreverent sense of humor is embraced here.
Chairish, Inc., an equal opportunity employer, is located in the heart of San Francisco. To learn more about us, please visit our website at www.chairish.com. If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please provide your salary requirements with your resume. All submissions will be evaluated and interviews will be conducted for those applicants who most strongly fit our needs. If you are not contacted for an interview, your resume will remain on file and active for available positions for a period of one year.
No Phone Calls
No Agencies or Recruiters