Regional Merchandiser - SF Bay Area
Curatorial | San Francisco, CA
Chairish is an online home furnishings marketplace that makes it delightfully simple for design lovers to buy and sell fabulous pre-owned home furnishings. Chairish help individual owners sell their exceptional home décor to buyers who’ll love and appreciate them. The founding team seasoned founders and design lovers who successfully started Hotwire, TripIt and have worked at interesting places like Levi’s, eBay, Yahoo and more. Our mission is to make everyone’s home more beautiful, one piece at a time!
Beautiful home decor is the core of what Chairish is all about and the Regional Merchandiser is in charge of helping Chairish source and vet it. The Regional Merchandiser is expected to work with individuals and design professionals to secure the broadest and best selection in the industry for our discerning clients from our San Francisco office. We are open to have the Regional Merchandiser work in a full-time or part-time capacity. To that end, we are open to candidates with unique backgrounds. Are you an interior designer looking to revolutionize the marketplace? Are you re-entering the workforce and dying to use your artistic side while applying your honed organizational skills? This could be the opportunity you are looking for to join (or rejoin) the workforce.
- Developing relationships with sellers in a the Bay Area
- Sourcing inventory from individuals and design professionals
- Assessing value and setting appropriate expectations with sellers
- Representing Chairish at public and private events
- Interfacing with highly sophisticated buyers and sellers
- The position may include site visits to inspect inventory in person
- Other duties as assigned
Position Requirements & Experience:
- A passion for beautiful home décor
- Ideally at least 6 years of previous experience with interior design, retail or furniture industries
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable meeting in person with world class designers while making positive impressions and getting results throughout the Bay Area
- Proven ability to set objectives and meet goals
- Effective managing and mentoring junior staff
- Bachelors degree or design degree (or equivalent experience) preferred
Chairish, Inc., an equal opportunity employer, is located in the heart of San Francisco. Join us as one of the first ten employees and trust that this is not our first time – we know how to start successful businesses! We offer a chance to be part of the early days and work with talented people in a collaborative environment. To learn more about us, please visit our website at www.chairish.com.
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please provide your salary requirements with your resume. All submissions will be evaluated and interviews will be conducted for those applicants who most strongly fit our needs. If you are not contacted for an interview, your resume will remain on file and active for available positions for a period of one year.
No Phone Calls
No Agencies or Recruiters