Curatorial | San Francisco, CA | Contract
Chairish is an online home furnishings marketplace that makes it delightfully simple for design lovers to buy and sell fabulous pre-owned home furnishings. The founding team consists of seasoned entrepreneurs and design lovers who successfully started Hotwire, TripIt and have worked at interesting places like Levi’s, eBay, Expedia, One Kings Lane, Yahoo and more. Our mission is to make everyone’s home more beautiful, one piece at a time!
Looking for an exciting ground floor opportunity to join a world-class start-up? Look no further! The Production Associate will help Chairish develop and maintain a broad selection of inventory. A key to this is making sure we have excellent descriptions, great photos and fair prices for everything we offer and that we are invariably responsive to the needs of our buyers and sellers.
• Curating and assisting in the merchandising of inventory
• Interfacing with highly sophisticated buyers and sellers
• Writing and editing product descriptions
• Ensuring quality control of photography and copy
• The position may include site visits to inspect inventory in person or to manage a photo shoot in our warehouse locations
• Other duties as assigned
Position Requirements & Experience:
• A passion for furniture, accessories and interior design
• Ideally at least 2 years in an office or design environment
• Web savvy with an interest in design blogs and ecommerce
• High energy and exceptional attention to detail
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and comfortable meeting in person with clients and designers
• Ability to direct and work collaboratively with photographers and warehouse staff
• Ability to assess and research pricing
• Ability to take good pictures or willingness to learn quickly how to effectively photograph inventory
• Digital production and photo editing experience in Photoshop and/or LightRoom preferred
• Bachelors degree or design degree (or equivalent experience) preferred
Chairish, Inc., an equal opportunity employer, is located in the heart of San Francisco. Join us and trust that this is not our first time – we know how to start successful businesses! We offer a chance to be part of the early days and work with talented people in a collaborative environment. To learn more about us, please visit our website at www.chairish.com.
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please provide your salary requirements with your resume. All submissions will be evaluated and interviews will be conducted for those applicants who most strongly fit our needs. If you are not contacted for an interview, your resume will remain on file and active for available positions for a period of one year.
No Phone Calls
No Agencies or Recruiters