Platform Software Engineer
Engineering, Product, & Design | Remote Eligible | Full Time
Founded in 2013, San Francisco-based Chairish is the leading online marketplace for exceptional home furnishings. Our mission is to inspire and foster the joy of creative expression through home decorating.
The Chairish marketplace connects millions of design lovers to over 10,000 sellers, creating newfound business for sophisticated brands, unique makers, remarkable artists, esteemed vintage and antique dealers as well as private collectors. We are leading the luxury home furnishings industry into the digital future.
Our leadership team includes veteran technology entrepreneurs who’ve created the biggest global travel brands alongside celebrated fashion and design industry executives. Chairish has earned widespread recognition from leaders in the home design space. Architectural Digest named Chairish the #1 “can’t live without decorating app” that “will change the way you shop for furniture online.” Entrepreneur lists Chairish as one of “best entrepreneurial companies in America” and IAB recently named Chairish a "Brand to Watch in 2020”.
This role is remote eligible. Chairish Inc. is looking for a software engineer to work on the team developing our core commerce platform.
As a member of the core platform engineering team you will participate in all stages of the product development lifecycle from business analysis, requirements development, and, of course, product development. As a key driver of the product process, this role presents the opportunity to have a direct and meaningful impact on the business while working to advance the innovation that drives the home decor industry online at an ever fast pace.
- Feature design and implementation in our core commerce platform
- Develop and review technical designs and document them
- Participate in code reviews
- Automated unit test creation and manual testing of your code
- Work closely with product management, logistics, and production staff to manage product scope and requirements
- Continue to be responsible for your code once it's in production
- At least 3 years of prior software development experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field (or equivalent experience)
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Natural problem-solver and troubleshooter
- Comfortable working in a GNU Linux/Unix environment
- Familiarity with one or more relational databases (e.g. MySQL, Postgres, etc…) and solid knowledge of SQL
MORE ABOUT CHAIRISH, INC.
Chairish Inc. is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender identity/expression, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. We are an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation. We strongly encourage applicants of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives to apply to job positions at Chairish.
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please apply with your resume. All submissions will be evaluated and interviews will be conducted for those applicants who most strongly fit our needs. If you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
No Phone Calls
No Agencies or Recruiters