Technology | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
We are the folks behind America's two fastest growing design marketplaces, Chairish and DECASO.
Founded in 2013, Chairish is the largest, curated source for chic and unique furniture, art and decor. Design lovers rely on Chairish to supply the products and ideas to transform their homes from blah to bananas.
Our newest brand, DECASO, The Decorative Arts Society, launched in 2017 as the new online home for the world’s top modernism and antique dealers and leading edge contemporary makers and galleries. The mission of DECASO is to create the most trusted online destination for sophisticated designers and tastemakers to source world class furniture, decor and decorative art objects.
Our executive team is comprised of seasoned entrepreneurs who founded successful tech start-ups Hotwire.com and TripIt.com alongside experienced, design savvy executives from Levi Strauss, One Kings Lane and McGuire Furniture.
We are looking for a Platform Engineer to join our technical staff of experienced Full-Stack Engineers.
The Chairish Engineering team is a group of engineers who are as comfortable working in operations as they are developing mobile applications. The ideal candidate will need to have a strong desire to learn new technologies, solve interesting problems, and work as an integral part of our highly experienced group of engineers, designers, and product folks.
- Feature design and implementation in our core platform
- Develop and review technical designs and document them
- Participate in code reviews
- Automated unit test creation and manual testing of your code
- Work closely with product management, logistics, and our curatorial staff to manage product scope and requirements
- Continue to be responsible for your code once it's in production
Required Skills / Experience
- At least 3 years of prior software development experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent experience)
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Natural problem-solver and troubleshooter
- Comfortable working in a GNU Linux/Unix environment
- Familiarity with one or more relational databases (e.g. MySQL, Postgres, etc…) and solid knowledge of SQL
- Familiarity with mobile application development on both iOS and Android
Chairish, Inc., an equal opportunity employer, is located in the heart of San Francisco. Join us as one of the first ten employees and trust that this is not our first time – we know how to start successful businesses! We offer a chance to be part of the early days and work with talented people in a collaborative environment. To learn more about us, please visit our website at www.chairish.com.
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please provide your salary requirements with your resume. All submissions will be evaluated and interviews will be conducted for those applicants who most strongly fit our needs. If you are not contacted for an interview, your resume will remain on file and active for available positions for a period of one year.
No Phone Calls
No Agencies or Recruiters