Manager of People Operations
Operations | San Francisco, CA | Full Time
Manager of People Operations
We are the folks behind America's two fastest growing online marketplaces in the home decor and furnishings space, Chairish and DECASO.
Founded in 2013, Chairish is the largest, curated source for chic and unique furniture, art and decor. Design lovers rely on Chairish to supply the products and ideas to transform their homes from blah to bananas.
Our newest brand, DECASO, The Decorative Arts Society, launched in 2017 as the new online home for the world’s top modernism and antique dealers and leading edge contemporary makers and galleries. The mission of DECASO is to create the most trusted online destination for sophisticated designers and tastemakers to source world class furniture, decor and decorative art objects.
Our executive team is comprised of seasoned entrepreneurs who founded successful tech start-ups Hotwire.com and TripIt.com alongside experienced, design savvy executives from Levi Strauss, One Kings Lane and McGuire Furniture.
We are looking for a Manager of People Operations to join our team in San Francisco.
The Manager of People Operations will lead all aspects of recruitment, performance management, compensation, policies and compliance, team-building, benefits administration and will provide general guidance to the leadership team on personnel matters and employee relations. As our People leader, you’ll partner with all staff across the entire business and play a key role in Chairish’s development and success.
- Manage all recruitment and new hire on-boarding at Chairish by handling all aspect of the Recruitment process from start to finish, including (but not limited to) extending offer letters, HR and payroll on-boarding, and first day orientation. Manage the on-boarding process to ensure that all new employees can hit the ground running.
- Lead annual performance management process. Evaluate current tools and processes and upgrade as needed to ensure optimal individual, team and company performance.
- Serve as a senior advisor to the executive team on all people related matters to ensure the company has the talent, processes, systems, and policies necessary to support our strategic and financial goals
- Create and manage surveys and other communication channels to ensure frequent employee feedback.
- Maintain compensation guidelines and enhance our employment brand to enable Chairish to attract top-flight talent while still retaining startup scrappiness.
- Partner with Executive team to identify training and development strategies.
- Build trust with employees across all layers of the organization and be an active listener and effective problem solver of people issues.
- Oversee company diversity and inclusion activities, and continue to promote and strengthen our company culture.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant local, state and national standards and laws.
- Evaluate HR management tools and update/expand as needed.
- Manage company benefit plans and update as needed.
- Additional HR duties/projects.
Qualifications & Experience:
- 8+ years of experience working across all areas of HR (technology/high growth experience preferred) in medium sized company (apx. 50-70 employees)
- 3+ years working directly with leadership teams and P&L leaders
- Proven track record of building the HR function in a rapidly growing company
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and handle all aspects of HR from the analytical to the hands-on
- Strong background in recruitment, employee relations, performance management, benefits administration and compliance
- Previous startup experience highly desired
- A proactive “owner” to lead all HR functions
- Exceptional communicator who can successfully manage relationships and build trust across the entire company
- Bachelor’s degree required, ideally in Human Resources, Communications, Business or related field. Advanced degree a bonus, but not required.
Chairish, Inc., an equal opportunity employer, is located in the heart of San Francisco. Join us and trust that this is not our first time – we know how to start successful businesses! We offer a chance to be part of the early days and work with talented people in a collaborative environment. To learn more about us, please visit our website at www.chairish.com.
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please provide your salary requirements with your resume. All submissions will be evaluated and interviews will be conducted for those applicants who most strongly fit our needs. If you are not contacted for an interview, your resume will remain on file and active for available positions for a period of one year.
No Phone Calls
No Agencies or Recruiters