Dering Hall | New York, NY | Full Time
Seeking an Editor who is organized, resourceful, excited about interior design and aligned with who we are and why Dering Hall, Chairish, and DECASO exist: for the love of design.
About this Opportunity:
We are looking for a visually minded and creative thinker who balances a knowledge of high-end home furnishings with an analytical approach. You need to have an eye for the products and types of stories that will drive traffic, and help execute on multiple types of content. This position reports to the Executive Editor.
What you will do:
- Conceive of and develop content around the high-end home furnishing products and top designers featured on Dering Hall, including product selection, writing, editing, and production.
- Work on the curation of the brand’s social media presence on Instagram and Facebook.
- Design and create daily emails promoting Dering Hall content.
- Contribute ideas for the development of the Dering Hall editorial calendar—and execute.
- Work with the executive editor on the development of custom content solutions for important brands and designers in the interior design space.
- Monitor the success of different types of content on Dering Hall and make recommendations for how to adjust our content approach accordingly.
- Manage the day-to-day execution of content syndication with media partners.
- Become an expert in the brands and designers represented on Dering Hall and develop new ways to promote our partners and increase engagement.
- Attend occasional industry events and represent Dering Hall to partners as well as the design industry as a whole.
What You Have:
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience in digital content.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience in interior design/shelter/lifestyle editorial. Ideally, you will be familiar with contemporary home design brands and leading firms that service the high-end market.
- Social media brand experience.
- Basic Photoshop design skills.
- Working knowledge of SEO and ecommerce best practices.
- Experience with an email service platform (e.g., SailThru, Campaign Monitor, MailChimp) is a plus.
- Enthusiasm for working in a collaborative startup environment where everyone contributes to a variety of projects.
More About Dering Hall
Dering Hall is the best place to discover great design online. It is the premier online resource for designers and consumers to connect to the world’s finest interior design products and professionals. Membership is offered to select designers and luxury brands, who use Dering Hall to list their products and showcase their work. For more information, visit www.deringhall.com today.
More About DECASO
DECASO, a decorative arts society, was founded in 2016 and is the online home for the world’s top modernism, antique, bespoke and contemporary furniture, art and decor dealers in the U.S., Canada and Europe. DECASO is highly curated and membership is by invitation or referral.
More About Chairish
Chairish.com is the design lovers’ indispensable online source for chic and unique decor, decorative art, furniture and home decorating inspiration. Chairish boasts 2.3M design savvy visitors a month and is well loved in the design community.
The combined Chairish Inc. leadership team is comprised of veteran technology entrepreneurs who created some of the biggest global travel brands alongside well-known fashion and design industry executives. Investors include Altos Ventures Ltd, Azure Capital and O’Reilly AlphaTech Ventures.
Chairish Inc. is committed to equal treatment and opportunity in all aspects of recruitment, selection, and employment without regard to gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other category protected under the law. We are an equal opportunity employer; committed to a community of inclusion, and an environment free from discrimination, harassment, and retaliation.
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please provide your salary requirements with your resume. All submissions will be evaluated and interviews will be conducted for those applicants who most strongly fit our needs. If you are not contacted for an interview, your resume will remain on file and active for available positions for a period of one year.
No Phone Calls
No Agencies or Recruiters