General Manager Centrolina
Restaurant | Washington, DC | Full Time
- You love food and everything about working in a restaurant that is constantly in the spotlight
- You have 5+ years of management experience in high profile restaurants in a major market
- The Infatuation says we're "bright and unstuffy" and you are the same
- Hospitality comes naturally to you and you know how to ensure your team hits the same high standard
- You are a natural problem solver and you connect easily with all types of people
- Experience with Toast is helpful
- You know that working in a restaurant means a schedule that includes weekends and holidays.
Under the direction of three-time James Beard Award Finalist Chef/Owner Amy Brandwein, Centrolina is a seasonal Italian restaurant that opened in CityCenterDC in spring 2015. Centrolina is dedicated to a sustainable food system. We purchase our ingredients from small farmers in Washington DC, Maryland, Virginia, Pennsylvania and Delaware. Centrolina is a recognized Leader in the James Beard Foundation Sustainable Seafood program.
Our accolades and accomplishments include:
- James Beard Best Chef Mid Atlantic, Nominee, 2017-2019
- Chef of the Year, Restaurant Association of Metropolitan Washington, 2018
- Three Stars, Washington Post, October 2019
- Top 25 Restaurants,Washingtonian Magazine 2018
- Member Slow Food USA
- Leader, James Beard Foundation Smart Catch Program
- Member, Women's Entrepreneurial Leadership Program
Centrolina is located within 2 blocks from both Metro Center and Verizon Center metro stops. We offer competitive pay, and a supportive team environment geared towards success. Closed all major holidays. Annual incentive bonus based on performance.
About the General Manager Job:
Centrolina is hiring a dynamic, motivated General Manager to lead daily operations in our bustling, high profile restaurant. The General Manager will hire and direct staff, manage reporting and controls, ensure compliance and lead our efforts to guarantee that guests are satisfied with their dining experience.
Responsibilities will also include maintaining the restaurant’s revenue, profitability and quality goals. This position will ensure efficient restaurant operation, as well as maintain high production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards.
Experience in overseeing the dining room, checking-in with our customers and balancing seating capacity and reservations.
Physical requirements of the job include: ability to individually lift up to 50 lbs, be able to sit, stand, stoop, crouch, reach, and lift for long periods of time, must be able to work with computer and other device screens, must be able to communicate in person and over the telephone. This position works with hot, cold, and hazardous equipment.
Please click to apply and include a snappy cover letter letting us know why you and Centrolina are a great pairing.