Technical Support Specialist Tier 2
Operations | Remote a possibility | Full Time
The Technical Support Specialist – Tier 2 is part of the Cendyn Global Customer Support team and reports to the Technical Support Lead. The Global Customer Support team provides support for Cendyn products internationally. The Specialist – Tier 2 will bring advanced diagnostic and solution skills to the Customer Support team and will assist in high-complexity support functions. The Specialist – Tier 2 ensures availability and uptime by providing technical, non-technical and functional assistance, training, and ongoing support to high value clients for a variety of web-based products and applications that cater primarily to the hospitality industry.
This position is crucial to high customer satisfaction among Cendyn clients. The Specialist works with Operations, R&D, Product, Sales, and other Operations teams to contribute support and deployment expertise.
Our Support structure has a strong reliance on training and knowledge sharing. As a Specialist Tier 2, it will be incredibly important for you to mentor less experienced team members to improve our customer responses and work towards more one touch tickets.
- Handle complex service delivery issues with Cendyn-specific software solutions.
- Troubleshoot application issues, providing operational support for nightly processing of Cendyn applications.
- Execute on complex incremental customer requests to assure customer satisfaction and deliver new revenue.
- Provide efficient client support and technical assistance via email, online chat, and telephone.
- Identify solutions for technical challenges.
- Complete delivery tasks and projects for both external and internal customers.
- Support customers with business and/or technical questions.
- Test and troubleshoot Cendyn products and integrations.
- Research and solve data- and software-related problems
- Develop and maintain strong SQL query and process analysis skills.
- Ensure the consistency and stability of Cendyn applications by maintaining standards / procedures for operating technical solutions.
- Represent Customer Support and Operations functions at customer review meetings as needed.
- Distill complex topics into key talking points and then communicate them to clients and co-workers in a simple and coherent manner using a consultative approach.
- Communicate with customers, vendors, and other external contacts as needed to assure customer success.
- Mentor Support team members to increase knowledge and understanding to drive more one-touch tickets and improve the quality of solutions.
- Liaise among internal and external customers as well as third-party partners in the areas of application design, modifications, and troubleshooting, with focus on smooth and robust operations.
- Work closely with escalation resources in other Cendyn teams, addressing issues directly or engaging additional assistance when needed.
- Serve as a subject matter expert in the relevant product domains.
- Contribute to process and product design and documentation.
- Analyze complex business needs as presented by both internal and external customers and recommend delivery methods to satisfy the needs.
- Conduct root cause analysis and provide actionable solutions to reported incidents combining data analytics, business acumen, technical expertise, product features and sound judgement.
- Contribute to peer-to-peer training with other team members related to application and operational topics.
- Participate in interviews for new hires, consultants and / or replacement personnel.
- A general knowledge of the hospitality industry.
- Use Zendesk and other CRM products to communicate and track customer interactions.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, OR some college plus related experience.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience within software development or IT.
- Technical proficiency in Microsoft Windows operating system, web services, file management, Remote Desktop.
- User proficiency in Microsoft SQL Server, SQL query, data importing / exporting / manipulation.
- Technical capabilities with hands-on experience in development, coding, or database work (Python, .NET, ASP.NET, and VB.net).
- A+ Certification.
- Technical capability to represent operational needs and capabilities to other areas including Operations, Product Management, R&D, Sales, Marketing.
- Keyboarding speed of 40-60 WPM.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Hands-on experience with customer service software (Zendesk preferred, Salesforce, etc.)
- Previous hospitality industry experience a plus.
- Business Management Skills - Strong leadership skills (listening, communications, coaching,), ability to manage in a matrix organization, ability to implement and manage change.
- Planning and Organizational Skills –Excellent organizational, planning, and proven ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Decision Making – Excellent decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Office Tools – Strong technical aptitude and skilled in MS Windows-based office tools including SharePoint, database software and desktop applications.
- Empowerment, Coaching and Teambuilding – Ability to provide guidance and coaching while empowering staff to perform their roles. Create and maintain sense of teamwork to ensure accountability, cooperation, and collaboration towards a common goal.
- Analytical and Conceptual Thinking – Ability to interpret and analyze data and technical processes, identify problems and potential solutions, and formulate recommendations.
- Innovation – Ability to think creatively to accomplish continuous improvement and evolution of the department.
- Communication – Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills that apply to both internal and external customers.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to work effectively in a team environment and maintain a professional and positive manner.
What we Offer:
Start-up culture with opportunity to make an impact in your role and our team immediately
Compensation corresponding to the value you bring to our team
Excellent on-the-job learning opportunity to grow your skills
Support of a diverse and international team to reach your goals
We are unable to provide relocation assistance for this role
We are unable to provide employment sponsorship for this role - unrestricted work authorization required
Cendyn is the leading innovative cloud software and services provider for the hospitality industry. Their software solutions drive sales, marketing, and revenue performance for tens of thousands of hotels across the globe with a focus on integrated hotel CRM, hotel sales, and revenue strategy technology platforms. The Cendyn Hospitality Cloud offers a complete set of software services for the industry, aligning marketing, sales, and revenue teams to optimize their strategies and drive performance and loyalty across their business units. With office headquarters in Boca Raton, FL, USA, and offices around the globe in Germany, Singapore, Thailand, and Japan, Cendyn proudly serves customers in 143 countries. Their software solutions deliver billions of data-driven, personalized communications on behalf of their customers every year. For more information on Cendyn, visit cendyn.com.
EEO Statement and Commitment to Diversity
Cendyn provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cendyn complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Cendyn expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Cendyn’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Cendyn is committed to diversity and inclusion, and is unified in our shared values and mission.