Software Development Engineer in Test
Development | Hybrid in Hyderabad, India | Full Time
SDET (Software Development Engineer in Test) should be able to work equally and effectively in both development and testing roles. SDETs take part in complete software development process as well as software testing process. SDET professional's knowledge is entirely focused on testability, robustness, automation and performance of software testing and development. SDET should be able to able to develop and build tools whenever needed to assist any testing activities. SDET should be able to analyze, suggest and create proof of concept for third party tools and application that would aid in software testing process.
- Design and build out the Automation framework, have their own ideas and direction.
- Diagnostic skills – as the automation framework is being built and then used for testing this person needs to be able to and want to dig into bugs/failures and identify the root cause for failures.
- Experience with C#, SQL Server and message bus skills is essential.
- Develop automation scripts by studying information needs; confer with users, study systems flow, data usage and work processes and investigate problem areas.
- Develop well-designed, and efficient test automation code(s).
- Determine operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development and proposed solutions for automation.
- SDET should able to perform Test Automation and setting up frameworks on multiple application platforms like API, Webservices , Data pipeline, Web, Mobile, and Desktop.
- Investigate customer problems referred by the technical support team.
- Create & manage bug reports and communicate with the team.
- Able to build different test scenarios and acceptance tests.
- SDET needs to handle technical communications with Partners to understand client's systems or APIs.
- SDET also work with deployments teams and resolving any level issues for the system.
- SDET should also able to set up, maintain, and operate test automation frameworks.
- SDET should spin up and down and maintain testing environment as needed for automation.
- Understand client-server architecture, MS Windows services, web server technologies (IIS) and general networking knowledge
Required Education and Experience:
- 5+ experience working as SDET.
- 5+ years of experience in automated testing.
- Proven experience in reviewing requirements, specifications, and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback.
- Experience creating detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and test cases for functional and non-functional testing.
- Experience with tracking defect management processes and prioritizing bugs.
- Ability to work cross-functionally with other teams to organize testing responsibilities.
- Comfortable and adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with black box and white box testing with understanding of/experience with SQA methodologies, techniques, and approaches.
- Familiarity with bug reporting systems such as target process.
- Experience with design and development automation Framework using. Net, C# and NUnit.
- Experience with Data Driven Frameworks using XML and Database (MS SQL Server)
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Experience as test lead is preferred
- Experience with lamda test cross browser tool
- Experience with target process
- Experience with API Automation
- Experience with Azure devops
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented and able to work at an efficient pace
- Multi-tasking abilities
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving ability
This job operates in an office environment. Working in an office environment requires a high degree of discipline and the ability to work with others in a moderately noisy open office environment with centrally controlled head/AC setting.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5.30 p.m. Work schedule may include evening hours or weekends due to client needs per manager instructions
This position may require up to 10% travel. Travel may be outside the local area and overnight
Cendyn provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cendyn complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Cendyn expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Cendyn’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.