Senior Software Engineer
Development | Remote - Work From Home | Full Time
This role is responsible for our primary stack of .NET and a broad array of other technologies to deliver our products. We use C#, ASP.NET, Web API and Windows Services and SQL Server as our main data store. On the client side, we are using HTML, CSS, jQuery, Vue.js and Bootstrap to create responsive interfaces. As an Senior Engineer you will be focused tactically on various projects.
1. Collaborate with other developers and engineers to design, build, and maintain applications
2. Determine operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development and proposed solutions
3. Build applications for various platforms using common frameworks, including .Net
4. Write clean, testable code using .NET programming languages utilizing in-depth development, technical and design expertise in .NET, ASP.NET, C# and SQL-Server
5. Contribute and conduct development tests including but not exclusive to unit, integration and system level
6. Follows company software development standards and best practices
7. Develop technical specifications
8. Estimates development tasks based on the appropriate business constraints
9. Review and refactor code
10. Document development and operational procedures
11. Reviews and validates implementations of self and others to ensure they meet requirements and match the specifications
12. Mentors and supports junior developers’ work
13. Enforces and evolves software development standards and best practices
14. Troubleshoot software issues
15. Provide on-call support as necessary
Required Education and Experience:
1. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
2. At least 6+ years professional experience in all stages of definition, design, implementation, testing, and deployment of web-based software solutions
4. Hands on experience using testing frameworks (i.e. NUnit, Visual Studio, xUnit, etc.) and TDD
5. Experience with Agile (Scrum) Software Development Process and methodologies
6. Experience with database management and security a plus
7. Experience with source control such as git or git hub and branching/merging best practices
8. Analytical skills
9. Communication skills
Preferred Education and Experience:
1. Master’s degree or higher
1. Detailed oriented with strong organizational skills
2. Ability to pay attention to programming style and neatness
3. Strong English communication skills, both written and verbal
4. Ability to train, mentor junior colleagues with patience with tangible results
This job operates in an office environment. Working in an office environment requires a high degree of discipline and the ability to work with others in a moderately noisy open office environment with centrally controlled head/AC setting.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Occasional evening and weekend work may be expected in case of job related emergencies or client needs.
This position does not require travel.
Cendyn provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cendyn complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Cendyn expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Cendyn’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.