Senior Software Engineer
Development | Atlanta, GA | Full Time
Why work at Cendyn
Do you want to work with some of the best hotel brands in the world? Are you passionate about your talents and thrive in a fast-paced, growing and collaborative environment? Then Cendyn is the place for you.
With an inclusive work environment and community that fuels creativity and innovation, you’ll have the opportunity to make a real impact in the hospitality industry.
Want to join our award-winning digital media team? Apply today!
This role is responsible for our primary stack of .NET and a broad array of other technologies to deliver our products. We use C#, ASP.NET, Web API and Windows Services and SQL Server as our main data store. On the client side, we are using HTML, CSS, jQuery, Vue.js and Bootstrap to create responsive interfaces. As an Senior Engineer you will be focused tactically on various projects.
The position is remote/home office. Strong preference for Boca Raton, FL area or the following states: AZ, CA, FL,GA, MA, MO, NE, NV, OH, PA, TX.
- Collaborate with other developers and engineers to design, build, and maintain applications
- Determine operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development and proposed solutions
- Build applications for various platforms using common frameworks, including .Net
- Write clean, testable code using .NET programming languages utilizing in-depth development, technical and design expertise in .NET, ASP.NET, C# and SQL-Server
- Contribute and conduct development tests including but not exclusive to unit, integration and system level
- Follows company software development standards and best practices
- Develop technical specifications
- Estimates development tasks based on the appropriate business constraints
- Review and refactor code
- Document development and operational procedures
- Reviews and validates implementations of self and others to ensure they meet requirements and match the specifications
- Mentors and supports junior developers’ work
- Enforces and evolves software development standards and best practices
- Troubleshoot software issues
- Provide on-call support as necessary
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- At least 5-8 years professional experience in all stages of definition, design, implementation, testing, and deployment of web-based software solutions
- Hands on experience using testing frameworks (i.e. NUnit, Visual Studio, xUnit, etc.) and TDD
- Experience with Agile (Scrum) Software Development Process and methodologies
- Experience with database management and security a plus
- Experience with source control such as git or git hub and branching/merging best practices
- Experience migrating or working with C++, SSIS or SSRS code is a plus
- Analytical skills
- Communication skills
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree or higher
- Detailed oriented with strong organizational skills
- Ability to pay attention to programming style and neatness
- Strong English communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to train, mentor junior colleagues with patience with tangible results
Again, more on testing... accountability of code
Might be good for Staff Software Engineer and above to know and understand some DevOps technologies, since DevOps is a combination of Devs, QAs and Operations.
What we Offer:
Start-up culture with opportunity to make an impact in your role and our team immediately
Compensation corresponding to the value you bring to our team
Excellent on-the-job learning opportunity to grow your skills
Support of a diverse and international team to reach your goals
We are unable to provide relocation assistance for this role
We are unable to provide employment sponsorship for this role - unrestricted work authorization required
Cendyn is the leading innovative cloud software and services provider for the hospitality industry. Their software solutions drive sales, marketing, and revenue performance for tens of thousands of hotels across the globe with a focus on integrated hotel CRM, hotel sales, and revenue strategy technology platforms. The Cendyn Hospitality Cloud offers a complete set of software services for the industry, aligning marketing, sales, and revenue teams to optimize their strategies and drive performance and loyalty across their business units. With office headquarters in Boca Raton, FL, USA, and offices around the globe in Germany, Singapore, Thailand, and Japan, Cendyn proudly serves customers in 143 countries. Their software solutions deliver billions of data-driven, personalized communications on behalf of their customers every year. For more information on Cendyn, visit cendyn.com.
EEO Statement and Commitment to Diversity
Cendyn provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cendyn complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Cendyn expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Cendyn’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Cendyn is committed to diversity and inclusion, and is unified in our shared values and mission.