Senior Configuration Specialist
Operations | Remote a possibility | Full Time
The Senior Configuration Specialist will work with the Customer Delivery team, Project Managers, the Development team, and other internal stakeholders to understand customer business requirements and implement Cendyn solutions successfully. The Configuration Specialist will install and troubleshoot Cendyn products and integrations and will contribute to solution design and documentation. The Configuration Specialist will work closely with other members of the Customer Delivery team to prepare customer subscriptions for activation.
- Complete delivery tasks and projects for both external and internal customers.
- Install, test, and troubleshoot Cendyn products and integrations.
- Research and solve data- and software-related problems.
- Develop and maintain strong SQL query and process analysis skills.
- Communicate with customers, vendors, and other external contacts as needed to assure customer success.
- Provide escalation support for the Customer Support team, addressing issues directly or engaging additional escalation assistance when needed.
- Work with project managers to establish project timelines, and attend meeting with external and internal customers as needed.
- Serve as a subject matter expert in the relevant product domains.
- Contribute to process and product design and documentation.
- Provide peer-to-peer training on applications, tools, and best practices.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, OR some college plus related experience.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience within software development or IT.
- Technical capability to represent technical implementation needs and capabilities to other areas including Product Management, R&D, Sales, Marketing.
- Technical capabilities with hands-on experience in development, coding, or database work (Python, .NET, ASP.NET, VB.net and SQL Server).
- Proficiency with relational databases, MS Windows services, XML file formats, data integration methodologies
- Basic knowledge of any general-purpose procedural programming language
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Advanced degree or certification in related field, or a combination of education and experience.
- Experience with Agile backlog management tools, such as Target Process (preferred), Confluence, Jira or VersionOne.
- Advanced experience in any general-purpose procedural programming language.
- Planning and Organizational Skills –Excellent organizational, planning, and proven ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Decision Making – Excellent decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Office Tools – Strong technical aptitude and skilled in MS Windows-based office tools including SharePoint, database software and desktop applications.
- Empowerment, Coaching and Teambuilding – Create and maintain sense of teamwork to ensure accountability, cooperation, and collaboration towards a common goal.
- Analytical and Conceptual Thinking – Ability to interpret and analyze data and technical process, identify problems and potential solutions, and formulate recommendations.
- Innovation – Ability to think creatively to accomplish continuous improvement and evolution of the department.
This job normally operates in an office environment. Working in an office environment requires a high degree of discipline and the ability to work with others in a moderately noisy, open office environment with centrally controlled heat/AC settings.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Normal days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Work schedule may include evening hours or weekends due to client needs per manager instructions
This position may require up to 10% travel. Travel may be outside the local area and overnight.
Cendyn provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cendyn complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Cendyn expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Cendyn’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.