Internal Application: Search Engine Marketing (SEM) - Manager
Digital Marketing | San Diego, CA | Full Time
The SEM Manager managers the strategy, planning and reporting of Cendyn client SEM campaigns and is responsible for the day-to-day management and ongoing performance optimization. The ideal candidate will have great project management skills, excellent technical credentials, and hands-on experience implementing SEM/SEO initiatives. The SEM Manager will manager fielding and resolving SEM challenges and will be expected to solve issues and achieve/exceed campaign goals independently or collaboratively within the appropriate agency team(s).
The position will be responsible for assimilating data from multiple sources, compiling the information, and drawing actionable conclusions that can be measured and reported. Candidate will be expected to organize large volumes of information, across multiple vendors and platforms. The SEM Manager is expected to provide status reports, communicate findings to clients and monitor the incremental improvement or effects of change and must be able to synthesize conclusions based on available data.
- Manage client relationships and ongoing communications
- Translate campaign/client goals into actionable SEM strategic tactics
- Execute search engine campaign management (Google, Yahoo, Bing, etc)
- Utilize and implement SEO/Paid Search best practices
- Possess knowledge or be willing to learn about search algorithms, indexing and data modeling
- Create in-depth campaign reporting and analysis
- Provide campaign refinement and optimization recommendations
- Leverage and develop proficiencies with SEM tools and resources
- Keyword creation and mapping to campaign goals
- Develop campaign copy/creative – text-based titles and descriptions
- Improve both account and department profitability
- Monitor emerging industry trends and communicate both internally and externally
- Work within Cendyn cross-capability teams and integrate SEM campaigns within all applicable client digital media campaigns
- Mentor junior staff and participate in recruitment/training processes as needed
- Improve and update internal processes and train other team members and departments
- BA or BS from accredited college or university.
- At least 3 years of hands-on experience with industry standard SEM optimization and management tools: Google AdWords, Microsoft AdCenter, any of the major ad servers (DoubleClick, Atlas, Mediaplex, etc.): Google certification a big plus.
- Relevant digital media experience a plus
- Strong working knowledge of digital marketing and advertising channels
- Detail-oriented with an analytical approach to achieving objectives.
- Excellent communication skills – both written and presentation.
- Full understanding of Cendyn services and brand
- Affinity to manage people, teams on project or ongoing basis
- Strong time management skills
- Self-motivated, goal oriented, and able to work in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to complete multiple tasks concurrently and deliver results under pressure
- Strong analytical, problems solving and troubleshooting skills – ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw conclusions
- Strong overall business and people skills, including planning, presentation skills and business acumen
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively interface with all levels and departments on a formal, informal, written and verbal basis
- Strong interpersonal/communication skills
- Computer proficiency in Google Analytics, Outlook, Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint, etc.
What we offer:
- Start-up culture with opportunity to make an impact in your role and our team immediately
- Compensation package corresponding to the value you bring to our team
- Excellent on-the-job learning opportunity to grow your skills
- Support of a diverse and international team to reach your goals
- We are unable to provide work sponsorship in this position
- We are unable to provide relocation assistance in this position - local candidates are strongly preferred
Cendyn is a cloud-based software and services provider that develops integrated technology platforms for driving sales and marketing performance in the travel and hospitality industry. The Cendyn Hospitality Cloud offers the most complete set of innovative software and services in the industry, covering hotel marketing, guest engagement, group sales, and event management. With offices in Boca Raton, Atlanta, Boston, San Diego, London, Munich, Tokyo and Singapore, Cendyn proudly serves more than 30,000 clients in 143 countries with enterprise meeting spend levels in excess of $1 billion.
Cendyn provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cendyn complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Cendyn expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Cendyn’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.