Regional Director of Sales, APAC
Sales | Singapore, Singapore | Full Time
Cendyn is seeking an experienced Sales Director to develop and implement a sales action plan that will significantly increase the number of hotels using Cendyn’s products and solutions by prospecting new potential customers. Are you able to take the complex and make it simple?
This position will own the strategy and execution of a sales action plan that will drive customer acquisition and retention. We are looking for a “doer” with a proven track record of selling over the phone and face-to-face, can carry out on-line demonstrations, attending and representing the company at international trade-shows, hotel conferences and association events. This position will sell to all hotels and/or accommodation providers, who wish to leverage data to unlock value, opportunity and efficiency to create competitive advantage.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive sales action plan for selling Cendyn’s cloud-based software and services platform within assigned territory
- Develop and maintain sales pipeline for potential new customers
- Identify potential target areas
- Identify potential hotel targets
- Identify sales blitz opportunities
- Represent the company during trade shows and other official occasions/events
- Represent the company with customers and establish contact with potential leads
- Negotiate and prepare contracts with potential customers
- Meet account growth targets set by management for the assigned market:
- Help with various projects assigned to the sales team
- Help with market research when necessary
- Help with competitor research when necessary
- Update Salesforce.com with lead information
- Track changes on leads
- Input and update activity information with potential customers
- Provide continuous reporting on pipeline and sales leads
- Liaise with Cendyn marketing team to implement marketing strategy within assigned territory
- Promote Cendyn brands during trade shows and other events in your region
- Help Project Management team and Account Management team establish initial contact to new customers
- Hand over the contract and all necessary information to the Project Manager so that they can start training new customers
- Liaise with Project Manager during the duration of the contract should there be any contract related issues
- Manage contractual opportunities should chain or group hotels decide to sign up with more hotels
Interaction: This position has daily interactions with customers, team members and various critical departments within the organization. In many cases, interactions with both internal and external parties will be at mid and upper management levels.
- Minimum of 5 years technology sales experience in international hotel, travel or hospitality suppliers in a sales environment
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent level of education and experience
- Proven experience in successfully selling cloud-based software
- Experience in working on your own and being self-motivated
- Successful track record of building, managing and closing sales pipeline
- Strong sales, analytical, pragmatic, organization, communication and people skills required.
- Working knowledge of hotel sales management
- Ability to adapt quickly to new technologies, products and procedures
- Ability to work and thrive in a multi-tasked and fast-paced environment.
- Ability to innovate, overcome obstacles and implement best practices including sales methodologies
- Ability to travel as required to support regional and corporate business objectives - 50%
- Have experience in speaking at Hospitality conferences and events
- Relationship Building: Builds effective relationships through positive communication that motivates and influences others in achieving corporate objectives.
- Personal Effectiveness: Produces outstanding results both professionally and personally by being proactive and committed. Continually focuses on achieving positive results contributing to company’s business success.
- Customer Focus: Passionately meets or exceeds customer expectations. Enters the customer’s world through listening and understanding. Nurtures relationships by recognizing and delivering on customer needs and opinions.
- Managing complexity: Is able to work effectively in a highly complex, diverse, changing environment. Adapts well to and is energized by change whilst maintaining focus on key business goals and personal objectives.
- Goal setting/short term planning: Achieves results by setting goals using quality planning, analysis and decision making. Adapts and copes successfully with changes.
- Business Management: Produces outstanding results both professionally and personally by effective management of business processes. Effectively plans, budgets, tracks and evaluates performance of his/her business area.
- Professional “get it done” attitude and work ethic.
What we offer
- Growth culture with opportunity to make an impact in your role and our team immediately
- Compensation package corresponding to the value you bring to our team
- Support of a diverse and international team to reach your goals
- We cannot offer employment sponsorship, unrestricted work authorization is required
- We cannot offer relocation assistance, local candidates are highly preferred
Cendyn is a cloud-based software and services provider that develops integrated technology platforms for driving sales and marketing performance in the travel and hospitality industry. The Cendyn Hospitality Cloud offers the most complete set of innovative software and services in the industry, covering hotel marketing, guest engagement, group sales, and event management. With offices in Boca Raton, Atlanta, Boston, San Diego, London, Munich and Singapore, Cendyn proudly serves more than 30,000 clients in 143 countries with enterprise meeting spend levels in excess of $1 billion.