Internal Application: Project Manager
Operations | Sydney, Australia | Full Time
Reporting to the Associate Director, Project Management, this position is responsible for leading & managing projects to meet the needs of our customers & the organization as effectively and efficiently as possible. The Project Manager has overall responsibility for planning, directing, coordinating, and delivering activities pertaining to the technology and business solutions. This requires ensuring project objectives are accomplished and aligned with business goals and priorities; managing the project team to include interactions with various internal departments as well as external vendors and customers.
The position is remote/home office and can be based in Singapore, Thailand, Japan, or Australia.
- Present periodic project status reports and KPIs to customers, management, and other executive leadership
- Monitor projects from initial project acceptance by the PMO based on established guidelines and defined criteria to assure proper alignment and prioritization
- Ensure balanced constraints (time, cost and quality) are maintained by working closely with customers, vendors and project team
- Ensure that standard project management methodologies are followed
- Instill process discipline and a culture of accountability focused on competitiveness and collaboration across the organization
- Function as the liaison between the project team, Executive Leadership, vendors, and customers ensuring overall project success
- Work with cross functional and virtual teams to achieve project objectives following Waterfall, Agile, and Hybrid methodologies
- Work within a cross-functional, geographically dispersed team environment to complete contractual commitments
- Work and collaborate across business units and products to align, create innovative ideas, solutions, and programs by leveraging Cendyn’s full suite of products and services
- Provides strong leadership, guidance, and hands on support to project team members to meet project objectives
- Build and maintain high-quality customer relationships and partnership
- Inspire and demonstrate impeccable customer service skills; manage customer situations; ensure prompt response to customer needs and requests for assistance; solicits customer feedback to improve service methods
- Establish and monitor project scope, project plans, schedules and cost analysis (as required) to achieve project objectives
- Serve as the information resource and escalation manager to facilitate positive project workflow and project issue resolution
- Prepare departmental and project status reporting to track project progress
- Plan and manage overall resource allocation and accountability to ensure deliverables are met
- Establish and manage proper communication channels for the project team to enhance project/product/service knowledge and understanding
Required Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Proven experience managing multiple high priority projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Management, Computer Science, or related discipline, or equivalent work experience, preferred
- 3+ years project mgmt. experience including broad knowledge of Project Management Institute (PMI) and Agile methodologies preferred
- PMP or PgMP Certification preferred
- PMI-ACP, CSM, CPO or other agile certification(s) preferred
- Business Management Skills - Strong leadership skills (listening, communications, coaching), proven ability to formulate and implement strategies, ability to manage in a matrix organization, ability to implement and manage change
- Planning and Organizational Skills –Excellent organizational, planning and proven ability to manage multiple priorities
- Decision Making – Excellent decision making and problem-solving skills
- Office Tools – Strong technical aptitude and skilled in MS Windows-based office tools including project management, SharePoint, presentation software, database software and desktop applications
- Empowerment, Coaching and Teambuilding – Ability to provide guidance and coaching while empowering staff to perform their role. Create and maintain sense of teamwork to ensure accountability, cooperation and collaboration towards a common goal
- Analytical and Conceptual Thinking – Ability to interpret and analyze situations, identify solutions and formulate recommendations for effective management.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to work effectively in a team environment and maintain a professional and positive manner
- Innovation – Ability to initiate creative thinking to accomplish continuous improvement and evolution of the PMO
- Communication – Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
What we Offer:
Start-up culture with opportunity to make an impact in your role and our team immediately
Compensation corresponding to the value you bring to our team
Excellent on-the-job learning opportunity to grow your skills
Support of a diverse and international team to reach your goals
We are unable to provide relocation assistance for this role
We are unable to provide employment sponsorship for this role - unrestricted work authorization required
Cendyn is the leading innovative cloud software and services provider for the hospitality industry. Their software solutions drive sales, marketing, and revenue performance for tens of thousands of hotels across the globe with a focus on integrated hotel CRM, hotel sales, and revenue strategy technology platforms. The Cendyn Hospitality Cloud offers a complete set of software services for the industry, aligning marketing, sales, and revenue teams to optimize their strategies and drive performance and loyalty across their business units. With office headquarters in Boca Raton, FL, USA, and offices around the globe in Germany, Singapore, Thailand, and Japan, Cendyn proudly serves customers in 143 countries. Their software solutions deliver billions of data-driven, personalized communications on behalf of their customers every year. For more information on Cendyn, visit cendyn.com.
EEO Statement and Commitment to Diversity
Cendyn provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cendyn complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Cendyn expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Cendyn’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Cendyn is committed to diversity and inclusion, and is unified in our shared values and mission.