Manager, Business Intelligence
Business Intelligence | Remote is a possibility | Full Time
The Manager of Business Intelligence is responsible for coordinating all reporting and analytics efforts within Cendyn to meet the needs of both internal and external stakeholders. This includes, but is not limited to, triaging and prioritizing reporting requests, conceptualizing and designing standard reports that address common business challenges and provide key insights, evaluating merit and pricing of custom requests, and assisting with the build-out and support of the Business Intelligence infrastructure within Cendyn.
The position is remote/home office. Strong preference for Boca Raton, FL area or the following states: AZ, CA,CO, FL,GA, MA, MO, NE, NV, OH, PA, TX.
- Assist in the burndown of current Cognos backlog in an oversight/triage/quality assurance capacity
- Work with the VP of Data Science and the rest of the Data Science team to build out the new Power BI infrastructure
- Maintain documentation associated with reports and analytics, consisting of data sources, sample data, fields, calculated measures, parameters, and/or business logic used in each module
- Design and build internal and external customer-facing reports within Power BI
- Collaborate with stakeholders to identify the data elements in each report, construct the necessary queries and data models, and assemble the front-end of each report
- Use creativity to visualize and format data/output in new and interesting ways that are geared towards quickly uncovering key business insights
- Assist with the ongoing transition of existing reports from Cognos to Power BI, including identification of opportunities to streamline, refactor, redesign, and consolidate reports
- Provide input into Development efforts to procure, validate, manipulate, store, and manage data from customers and 3rd party sources
- Conduct ad-hoc analyses using available data and tools to support key Cendyn business questions and needs
- Four-year BS, BA or equivalent from accredited college or university, or equivalent direct experience in data science/engineering/programming field
- Minimum 3 years of experience leading development and/or data analytics projects with strong knowledge of building reports and dashboards
- Familiarity with CRM and/or Revenue Management database applications and enterprise-level software
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and troubleshooting skills – ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw conclusions
- Ability to organize thoughts and present information in an informative, relevant and concise manner to internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to complete multiple tasks concurrently and deliver results under pressure
- Strong overall business and people skills, including planning, presentation skills and business acumen
- Computer proficiency in Outlook, Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint, etc.
What we Offer:
- Start-up culture with opportunity to make an impact in your role and our team immediately
- Compensation corresponding to the value you bring to our team
- Excellent on-the-job learning opportunity to grow your skills
- Support of a diverse and international team to reach your goals
- We are unable to provide relocation assistance for this role
- We are unable to provide employment sponsorship for this role - unrestricted work authorization required
Cendyn is the leading innovative cloud software and services provider for the hospitality industry. Their software solutions drive sales, marketing, and revenue performance for tens of thousands of hotels across the globe with a focus on integrated hotel CRM, hotel sales, and revenue strategy technology platforms. The Cendyn Hospitality Cloud offers a complete set of software services for the industry, aligning marketing, sales, and revenue teams to optimize their strategies and drive performance and loyalty across their business units. With office headquarters in Boca Raton, FL, USA, and offices around the globe in Germany, Singapore, Thailand, and Japan, Cendyn proudly serves customers in 143 countries. Their software solutions deliver billions of data-driven, personalized communications on behalf of their customers every year. For more information on Cendyn, visit cendyn.com.
Commitment to Diversity:
We are hospitality and hospitality is for all
Cendyn is unified in our shared values and mission – to build meaningful relationships through accountability, collaboration, humanity, innovation, and excellence. Driven by these values, we are committed to a company culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of all our employees, partners, and stakeholders everywhere we operate around the world. We believe that the best ideas are a direct result of a diverse mix of cultures, minds, backgrounds, and experiences coming together to fuel creativity and innovation.
Cendyn provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cendyn complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Cendyn expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Cendyn’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including disch