Business Consultant - Rainmaker - US - Remote
Implementation | Any US City - Remote | Full Time
The Rainmaker/Cendyn Business Consultant (BC) works with the hotel’s revenue management team during the implementation of Rainmaker solutions. The BC meets with the hotel and casino teams to understand the current revenue management culture at the customer site. Current business processes are evaluated against industry best practices, and as warranted the BC recommends changes in order to maximize the benefits from using the Rainmaker solutions. The Business Consultant also provides hands on education and training to the customer on the Rainmaker solutions. At least four (4) years of previous hands on experience as a Revenue Manager at a hotel, resort or casino hotel is required.
- Become a trusted advisor to and Revenue Management champion for assigned customers
- Represent the business interests of Cendyn and the customer during the implementation of the Cendyn pricing and revenue management solutions at the customer’s property(ies). This includes assessing current pricing and revenue management-related business practices and policies and recommending “best practices” and ensuring they are being prioritized and implemented in a timely manner
- Identify key components needed for the project, and work with the Technical Consultant and Project Manager to provide accurate recommendations for property setup
- Coordinate and conduct the training of the Revenue Management department on the configuration, use and application of the Cendyn solutions and to perform refresher training as needed
- Periodically measure revenue performance and report to the customer’s Senior Management on revenue gains and remaining opportunities/issues
- Act as the business practice subject matter expert (SME) in support of sales of Cendyn solutions including participation on conference calls and onsite visits to prospects
- BA or BS required
- Knowledge of multiple PMS system’s is preferred (e.g. LMS, Opera, Maestro, SMS).
- Proven ability to troubleshoot and think analytically. Performing analysis as needed.
- Demonstrated success in relationship management
- Prior leadership and hands-on experience as a Revenue Manager using revenue management systems within the hospitality industry (minimum 4+ years’ experience)
- Revenue Management experience in Luxury, Upper Upscale, and Casino Resorts a plus
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must be an individual who thinks strategically and sees the larger opportunity, without losing sight of the details
- Demonstrated ability to meet commitments, build consensus, negotiate resolutions and garner respect from other team members
- Demonstrated proactive approach to tackling problems
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, projects and deadlines under pressure, work with limited direction and documentation, and thrive under uncertainty
- Ability to travel frequently is required (average 50%)
What we offer:
- Start-up culture with opportunity to make an impact in your role and our team immediately
- Compensation package corresponding to the value you bring to our team
- Excellent on-the-job learning opportunity to grow your skills
- Support of a diverse and international team to reach your goals
- We are unable to provide relocation assistance for this role
- We are unable to provide employment sponsorship for this role now or in the future - unrestricted work authorization required
The Rainmaker Group, a Cendyn company, is the premier provider of revenue and profit optimization solutions to the hospitality industry. Founded in 1998, Rainmaker’s intelligent profit platform helps hotels, resorts and casinos optimize revenue, drive increased profitability, save valuable time & outperform competitors. As part of Cendyn, Rainmaker offers a complete set of software services for the industry, aligning marketing, sales and revenue teams to optimize their strategies and drive performance and loyalty across their business units.
Cendyn provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cendyn complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Cendyn expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Cendyn’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.