Part Time Social Worker
Out of School Time/Griffin Center | East Saint Louis, IL | Part Time
Catholic Urban Programs is seeking a seasoned and experienced social worker to join our team. Catholic Urban Programs-Griffin Center operates Out of School Time Programming at five East St. Louis Public Housing Developments. Serving nearly 300 children annual through after school and summer programming Catholic Urban Programs Griffin Center aim to help end generational poverty and assist the children living in the housing developments towards living a happy and healthy lives.
- Review, develop, implement, and evaluate the social skills component of our program.
- Train and supervise staff in the implementation of the social skills program.
- Work with individual or small groups of children as identified by staff or through observation that are in need of counseling or social skills training.
- Help with referrals for children/staff/parents who need counseling, assessments, or social services beyond our scope of service.
- Assist with staff development.
- Fulfills role as a mandated reporter of any suspicion of child neglect or abuse. Reports any of these situations to agency director.
- Make home visits as needed.
- Assist with planning and presenting at monthly leadership meetings.
- Assist with data entry in Apricot.
- Participates in at least one workshop or training annually. If licensed, maintains license.
- Performs other duties as assigned or as need arises
- M.A./MSW in Social Work or Counseling Required
- License Clinical Social Work Preferred
- Trained and well versed in Trauma Informed Care Required
- Exceptional interpersonal relationship skills;
- Drivers license and insurance;
- Clean police record
- Participation in the diocesan child protection training initially and annually
- At least five years of experience preferred