Travelling Lead A/V Installation Technician
Installation | Miami, FL | Full Time
Who we are: A systems integration company with diversified offerings of services that include electronic security systems, audio/video integration, commercial/residential systems integration etc.
Who you are: A driven, hardworking, and experienced Audio/Video Installer/Technician in the Washington DC metropolitan area with an understanding that your work will assist in creating and maintaining the face of our company.
What you will do: Perform both residential and commercial Audio/Video system installation and maintenance in Southern FL, the Carribean, and South America.
- Install, maintain, support, and repair distributed audio/video solutions, lighting & control systems, digital security surveillance systems (access control, alarm, and CCTV), video conferencing systems, and other electronic system integration solutions based on blueprints of electrical layouts and building plans. Complete disconnects, upgrades, downgrades, pre-wires, multiple dwelling installations and customer education.
- Provide technical support on A/V hardware, control systems, and signal issues.
- Understand and provide signal flow, control circuit, and AV system designs for site installations.
- Maintain equipment and analyze operational malfunctioning with testing devices such as meters and telephone test equipment to locate and diagnose nature of defect and ascertain repairs to be made. Test and repair circuits and sensors based on wiring and system specifications.
- Operate and test equipment to ensure elimination of malfunction.
- Lift and climb ladders to install, disconnect or repair necessary equipment.
- Maintain professional decorum appropriate to business and homes. A neat and professional appearance is necessary.
- Insure that company vehicle is stocked to insure proper installation and maintenance. Vehicle must be maintained, maintenance record documented and driven safely at all times and any mechanical problems reported to Supervisor.
- Create, update, and maintain AV support tickets with accurate information and timeliness.
- Submit all documentation to management including weekly expense reports, travel reports, installation work orders, and support ticket status.
- Training and development of entry-level installation technicians
- Ability to lead and manage a team of installation technicians
- Consistently meet productivity/unit/quality standards.
- Must perform work in compliance with all safety standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Skills & Requirements:
- Security License is preffered (DCJS for VA or equivalent for MD/DC) or ability obtain within reasonable time.
- A degree in electronics from a technical/trade school or a solid understanding of electronics with related work experience.
- 5-7 years in a role with A/V installations and responsibilities.
- Experience completing technical installation of audiovisual systems, including equipment rack fabrication, site preparation, termination and calibration of audio and video equipment
- Strong knowledge of A/V signal flow, wiring, soldering, and circuit board design
- Ability to read blueprints and schematic drawings.
- Ability to operate hand and power tools.
- Knowledge of how to use electrical and electronic diagnostic tools.
- Computer Skills: MS Office, Outlook, Visio, CAD
- Expertise with Cisco, Crestron, Lutron, Tandberg, URC and other similar technologies
- Strong understanding and application of relay devices including switches, sensors etc.
- Strong communication skills in order to effectively communicate with co-workers, management and customers.
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record.
- Ability to pass a comprehensive background check.
- CTS certification is preferred
- Previous experience in working with the government is an advantage
- Preferred applicants should be able to discuss examples of completed projects and provide positive references
- Passion to proactively seek solutions
- Entrepreneurship, sense of urgency: The successful candidate will possess a high energy level which allows them to react to situations quickly and decisively, possessing self-confidence.
- Professional work ethic: The successful candidate will reject setbacks and will enthusiastically persist until any problems are resolved. The candidate will be resourceful and innovative in tackling complex issues.
- Image and presence: The successful candidate will have significant exposure to the customers and industry partners alike and must project the professional image of the company, both internally and externally.
- Accountability: The successful candidate should be a results oriented team player who leads by example, holds themselves accountable for performance and takes absolute ownership of issues and champions all aspects of installation and support.