Security Systems Technician
Installation | Kensington, MD | Full Time
- Install complex intrusion detection (burglar), access control, and CCTV security systems.
- Perform system alterations and additions, and service systems as required.
- Train end user on proper use of systems.
Essential Job Functions
- Interpreting blueprints and identifying appropriate cables from drawings
- Prewiring expertise in both new construction and retrofit installations is essential.
- Mounting and termination of field devices (Readers, Door Contacts, REXs, Cameras)
- Terminating basic connections such as butt splices, insulated connectors, terminal strips/blocks and Cat5 connectors.
- Basic understanding of computer networking, including routers, switches, and IP addressing/basic troubleshooting.
- Establish positive contact with customer, and be able to explain installation to customer.
- Install system in a timely manner and to company standards.
- Run necessary system tests to ensure proper system functions.
- Process necessary documentation and paperwork.
- Provide formal training and assistance to new hires.
- Service malfunctioning alarms and alarm systems which have been switched to new owners.
- All other miscellaneous responsibilities and other duties as assigned.
- 4-5 years alarm installation/electrical experience required.
- 6-10 years preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- College Degree preferred
- Written and spoken English language skills required.
- Excellent customer service skills required.
- Excellent communication/interpersonal skills required.
- Basic knowledge of electronic theory, and electrical wiring (ohms law, use of multimete)
- Thorough knowledge of UL standards.
- Demonstrated ability to program, install, troubleshoot, and explain residential and commercial security systems required.
- Ability to read blueprints and system design drawings.
- Basic knowledge of construction, specifically knowledge of NEC and building codes and standards.
- Valid Drivers License with clean driving record required.
- Clean background required to obtain DCJS or equivalent.
- Ability to meet deadlines and have strong time management and organizational skills
Required Technical Knowledge
- Intermediate word processing competence required.
- Windows Competence preferred.
- Solid competence in web based email and other online tools.